Keeping Fish

Not the best picture, but it was the best I could do. These little guys are very active, always swimming around the tank and hanging out on the plants. They're very interesting to watch
smile.png

I'll try to work on some better pictures of them, and I need to get pics of my 15 gallon as well.

Not the best picture, but it was the best I could do. These little guys are very active, always swimming around the tank and hanging out on the plants. They're very interesting to watch :) I'll try to work on some better pictures of them, and I need to get pics of my 15 gallon as well.
cute little fella.
1f600.png

I think they're adorable too.

Leaf- me too, thats why they went into the nano tank. My little tropical community is pretty easy going, but...they are shrimp. I mean, dang, even my kids want to eat them :/

Lol leaf, believe, the thought crossed my mind. I think those yellows are Sakura shrimp too. They come in a few different colors. I actually found mine on Amazon, and decided to check out the dealers website, they were cheaper directly from the seller (surprise, surprise). I got my orange Sakuras from aquaticarts.com (I think they were formerly invertobsession, or something like that). They sent extras, along with a good sized chunk of Java moss, and I received them before they were even supposed to ship.

The shrimp have been easy keepers. They don't leave much waste behind and happily keep all of the plants in their tank clean.

Oh, I counted 5 little baby shrimp today that actually look like shrimp now! And I've got lots of newly hatched fry swimming around too. At this rate, I'll have to move some of them into the bigger tank soon! I like the shrimp so much, I'm considering nixing getting goldfish again, and aquascaping my 55 gallon for them and maybe some cherry or bamboo shrimp :)

I ordered 6 and they sent 9 (thought it was 7, but counted 9 the other day), and one of the females was carrying eggs when they got to me. I also ordered 3 black Mystery snails and they sent 4. I guess they send extras to make up for any losses during shipping, but mine all arrived alive and have stayed that way.
They were packed really well for shipping and I was able to repurpose the insulation (shredded paper) as nest box bedding, the girls love it! A warning though, if your order from them, open the box somewhere easy to clean up, or outside. That shredded paper will go every where!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom