Keeping predators away - DOES THIS REALLY WORK???

the one thing i try to remind myself is that...how much am i spending vs the cost of replacement? i have 24 dominant coppers...prob $75-85 total...the only animals we have that were cheaper are three free cats. i use 4 ft goat fencing, auto coop door, nothing covered aerial. knock on wood, i haven’t lost a bird in 8 months. however, prior to the auto door...there were problems...but more so for the predators.

I'm going to enjoy my birds with the years I have left but it's getting harder for me too. I haven't been showing this past year because most of the shows were canceled due to covid.
Age does take a toll from all of us eventually. But looking to enjoying life, while it last, is the right thing to do! I felt a bit washed up a few years ago, but I readjusted my expectations and am moving on. Chickens relax me almost as much as they work me, I have found, so I will keep them as long as it is possible to care for them!

It's the same here in Florida. I'm rural on a dead end road. In the past we have been the recipients of others relocations. We are old people. Some of the neighbors are selling off parcels of their land and people are building new homes.

What gorgeous birds and set up you have! I live in a densely populated suburb and am so envious of those of you who have acreage and hobby and real farms. Sorry, though, about the new developments. There are beautiful chaparral areas in the mountain foothills where I live, but it seems every few months a new housing development pops up. I wonder where all the wildlife will go. This is one of the reasons why I don't get too upset when a wild animal kills and eats one of our chickens.

Back
Top Bottom