Keets are 4wo. They still need heat overnight?

Bicoastal

Songster
Dec 14, 2020
Central VA
My first home-hatched batch of 4-week old keets are in a wooden brooder inside the coop. I have not seen them go under the heat plate in a week. They just use it as a roost. :confused:

Overnight lows tonight are high 60s. Rest of week is mid to low 60s. Their behavior indicates they don’t *need* heat. But should I still provide heat overnight?

Following the heat lamp protocol, they still need heat. For the heat plate, I raise the height and turn down the temp once a week. The birds simply seem done with it.

Continue to give them heat or follow their lead and remove artificial heat?

My first home-hatched batch of 4-week old keets are in a wooden brooder inside the coop. I have not seen them go under the heat plate in a week. They just use it as a roost. :confused:

Overnight lows tonight are high 60s. Rest of week is mid to low 60s. Their behavior indicates they don’t *need* heat. But should I still provide heat overnight?

Following the heat lamp protocol, they still need heat. For the heat plate, I raise the height and turn down the temp once a week. The birds simply seem done with it.

Continue to give them heat or follow their lead and remove artificial heat?
My keets are ususlly off of heat by the time they are 4 weeks old.

My quail are 2 days old. I'm putting them outside with no heat tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom