Kentuckiana Poultry Show

Yeah, I had a few tough years. If you read the other post you know I had cancer. Months of chemo and radiation took their toll. Then when I felt better and tried to get back into it, I broke 2 toes, Broke the shoulder, cracked some ribs, then cracked ribs again in a non riding fiasco. And that doesn't include getting stuck in the hospital from long tern complications of the treatments. Not to be poor pitiful me. I'm sorry I got it, but it was a learning experience. Not only who my friends were, but when I got the diagnosis, I panicked. I have never known anyone who had cancer and lived over 5 years. Mine will be gone 5 years in May!!!! So I talk about it a lot. People look at me and see someone who appears relatively healthy now, and I hope that it takes some of their fear away. You can live through it.

Anyway.... maybe this year I'll ride some. I got the pony so it wouldn't be that far to the ground. LOL

Yolonda

I hope to make it out there. I marked it down on my calendar. I let my mother know and maybe she will be able to make it too. Sounds like fun
smile.png

Quote:
Same here. I bought a percheron filly with a wonderful temperament, but I just haven't had the nerve to get on her. No one understands why I'm so afraid to ride, since I spent my whole life riding. It's hard to explain the fear unless you've experienced it. It's kind of sad since owning a horse was such a dream of mine growing up. Now that I have one, I can't even enjoy her.

Hi Griffox, You aren't that far from me. I'm just south of Lawrenceburg. Maybe when it warms up we can make a pact, same day, same time, we sadle up even if it's for 5 minutes, it's a start!

Yolonda

Back
Top Bottom