Kentucky anyone?

Thank you Dawn....I appreciate the feedback. I spoke to a realtor today and he was pushing franklin on me.
I think we will have to take a trip there in the spring to check out all the places people guide me to. I think there will be a second trip too....one to tour TN and the next KY. So any areas you might think i should look, let me know. I hate all the new homes that look identicle to eachother. The realtor never heard of Rock Island, but he is looking into it.

I live in Portland Tn.
I would stay away from Whitehouse ONLY because of taxes.Therre are a few of us from this area on here, let me know what questions you have and I will be happy to answer them for you.

If you do check out Franklin you'll have to come out my way! I'm less than 10 minutes from two freeways, but still pretty rural. Most folks end up going west of town and can't get to work in a decent amount of time -- and they pay more for the privilege. There are even a couple places on my street that may still be on the market this spring.

Sorry, this has been an awful 2 days. Rock Island is between Sparta and McMinnville , Tn. It is great like I said but salaries suck. It is the price I am willing to pay to live the way we do. We started out with United Country Real Estate. They specialize in country living. Dean was wonderful. By the way , that is in Cookeville, Tn. Thanks Dawn for jumping in more timely than I was. If you have any questions or would like phone numbers, just ask.

NEW STATE!!!!!!! I have been directed to look into North Carolina. I have a frined who knows alot about the different areas. He has known me for a long time and thinks i should look into Greensboro NC. So if anyone has any input good or bad...please share. I am going to send for a re-location guide today. If anyone on BYC knows that area....tell me a good farmish area that is not too far to get to town for work and stuff.
Thank you to everyone for the input....It has been very helpful. It would be nice to not move and then wish we did it different.

Lurky, I live on the the TN/KY line and I am also a Realtor! I work in Franklin KY so I know the area very well. But I am a resident of Portland Tn, (Robertson county side) so I can give you the in's and out's of this whole area. I will pm you and we can talk turkey...
ep.gif
oops, I mean Chicken!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom