Kentucky people

When we went to the Nov swap in Lawrenceburg, they said it was the last one of the season. The swap meet in Lexington is still going on. They had a good crowd there last Saturday. I bought 2 nice hens

Is there a list somewhere of all the swap meets around and the dates?. I know the swap meet in Paris KY is over for the year.

Sorry to crash the KY thread, I will be brief :) If there is anyone traveling from KY to CO in the near future who would be willing to transport a pair or two of adult Speckled Sussex (big birds) I would like very much to hear from you via PM. I am happy to pay for transport.

Thanks!

Judi

Anyone else got a confused hen raising chicks right now? I am worried the heat lamp for their run is throwing the rest of my flock into "spring" mode

roll.png

Anyone else got a confused hen raising chicks right now? I am worried the heat lamp for their run is throwing the rest of my flock into "spring" mode

roll.png

I have a hen raising 4 chicks right now. No heat lamp. They are about 2 and a half weeks now. The chicks don't seem to have any problem at all with the cold and mama brought them outside into the run at 3 days old. I think maybe because they are running around the run all day. I just make sure they cannot get stuck anywhere away from mama and that they can get back up into the coop at night. They are a lot tougher than I would have thought. Good luck with your babies!

Hello,i rescued 2 baby bunnies a little over 5 mos.ago.Their momma and siblings died from extreme heat.They were only 2 weeks old.When they got older i took them to my vet(who treats rabbits)to check them over and was told they were both boys and could get them neutered at around 5 mos.I was also told by some one who breed meat rabbits that they were boys.So i took them to be fixed,and thats when the vet realized Trouble was a girl.Well this morning i woke up tp 4 babies.
he.gif
I am totally out of space and have nowhere to seperate her.Please if anyone knows of someone who could take Trouble and her babies i would really appreciate it.She is very socialized and bonded to people.Also she has been an indoor rabbit as long as i've had her.Some times i dont get notifications so please private message me if you can help.Thanks.

When we went to the Nov swap in Lawrenceburg, they said it was the last one of the season. The swap meet in Lexington is still going on. They had a good crowd there last Saturday. I bought 2 nice hens

Is there a list somewhere of all the swap meets around and the dates?. I know the swap meet in Paris KY is over for the year.

where is the swap meet in lexington held?

Hi Smarsh, we are going to start incubating in the spring. We're in Frankfort. When were you wanting to get started? We've got a few different breeds- black australorps, EEs, speckled sussex, and we're going to do black sex links as well. PM me if you want
smile.png
I'm sure there are others around as well...

Back
Top Bottom