1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Kentucky people

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Rooky1, Jan 16, 2007.

1. mario49

mario49 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2008
    Eubank KY
    Quote:[​IMG] hahaha
    o ok sheeew lol thought i was in a pickle there lol![​IMG] Thanks so much ! ill probably have to annoy u 2morrow again if the slightest thing goes wrong lol![​IMG]

I was leaning more towards the 'educating' part, but we all annoy each other from time to time! [​IMG]

Do you have their feed in a feeder that is open? I just used a chick feeder. If it is open, they will scratch in it just like a chicken, and waste most of it!

well right now i have it in a bowl but tommorow i am getting 1 of those galvanised metal quart jar feeders/waterers. they have like 5 holes in the bottom and the jar holds the eed on top .??

2. briarpatchfarms

briarpatchfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    Quote:well i think us (and by us that means 22,000 people) can keep it a secret:oops: [​IMG]..... maybe .... ok heres the deal u pay each of us (22,000 people) 10$ bucks each twice a week and i think we will let it slide. GOT ME! ......JK JK LOL Hhahahahahahaha:lau:lau:lau:lau

[​IMG] Sounds like a plan to me!! [​IMG]

Youd be waiting a while for your money LOL! Im broke Got 5 dollars thats a start HEHE! Bought Silkies today!

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:I was leaning more towards the 'educating' part, but we all annoy each other from time to time! [​IMG]

Do you have their feed in a feeder that is open? I just used a chick feeder. If it is open, they will scratch in it just like a chicken, and waste most of it!

well right now i have it in a bowl but tommorow i am getting 1 of those galvanised metal quart jar feeders/waterers. they have like 5 holes in the bottom and the jar holds the eed on top .??

Yeah, those work real well. You can use a chick waterer too if you have any, but try and get some of the pop bottle waterers, they work real well.

4. briarpatchfarms

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    Quote:[​IMG] Sounds like a plan to me!! [​IMG]

Youd be waiting a while for your money LOL! Im broke Got 5 dollars thats a start HEHE! Bought Silkies today!

Plus there is a lot of people here in this area that raises bobwhites with no permit!

5. mario49

Dec 6, 2008
    Eubank KY
    Quote:well right now i have it in a bowl but tommorow i am getting 1 of those galvanised metal quart jar feeders/waterers. they have like 5 holes in the bottom and the jar holds the eed on top .??

Yeah, those work real well. You can use a chick waterer too if you have any, but try and get some of the pop bottle waterers, they work real well.

o i 4got i have those 1 gallon red and white waterers that would work .i geuss i will have to get that 1 out of my chicken storage lol!
    im pretty sure they cant dround in a half inch of water.?

well gtg night all. o and check out my new avatar it is a egg smily face if you cant see what the chicken eggs have formed lol! i call it " the eggs that smile back"! lololo haha

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  6. mario49

Dec 6, 2008
    Eubank KY
    Quote:[​IMG] Sounds like a plan to me!! [​IMG]

yeahhh u might need a lil more money than that u will need around 440,000 a week .... think u can handel that lol!

7. briarpatchfarms

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    Quote:Youd be waiting a while for your money LOL! Im broke Got 5 dollars thats a start HEHE! Bought Silkies today!

yeahhh u might need a lil more money than that u will need around 440,000 a week .... think u can handel that lol!

I dout it I have chickens to feed! thats the only place my money goes LOL!

8. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:Yeah, those work real well. You can use a chick waterer too if you have any, but try and get some of the pop bottle waterers, they work real well.

o i 4got i have those 1 gallon red and white waterers that would work .i geuss i will have to get that 1 out of my chicken storage lol!
    im pretty sure they cant dround in a half inch of water.?

well gtg night all. o and check out my new avatar it is a egg smily face if you cant see what the chicken eggs have formed lol! i call it " the eggs that smile back"! lololo haha

No they won't drown, not at this age. They will walk in it and make a mess, so you'll get to clean it a lot!

ETA: Night mario!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  9. kycowgirlchick

kycowgirlchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I was leaning more towards the 'educating' part, but we all annoy each other from time to time! [​IMG]

Hey i have a couple of those that I am not using right now if you want to use until Monday. I got them from Dabney.

10. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:Sorry, I'm still here, I thought everyone abandoned me! So I was checking out the rest of this place [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by