Kentucky people

Mojo Chick'n :

Hubby and I are building a place into the lower coop tomorrow for the quail to go. They is stinky
hmm.png

I just cleaned their cage last night and already they got it smelly in there.

Good thing it's gonna be nice tomorrow.

Do you have the cage raised? Either way, put a puppy pad down (if you still have some) and put some of those wood pellets on it. I did this about a week ago and haven't had to clean it yet!
fl.gif

Quote:
k thanks but will they b fertile when they start laying ??/

They should be, but you would probably want to crack the first couple open and check for the bullseye. It is very tiny, so you have to look hard!

Quote:
Do you have the cage raised? Either way, put a puppy pad down (if you still have some) and put some of those wood pellets on it. I did this about a week ago and haven't had to clean it yet!
fl.gif

The cage they're in has feet. I thought about the pellets in there on top of the puppy pads, but I need the space anyway, so I'll probably just move em on out. I'll just hang the heat lamp over them for a while, til they get used to being outside (or it warms up more).

Mojo Chick'n :

Quote:
fl.gif

The cage they're in has feet. I thought about the pellets in there on top of the puppy pads, but I need the space anyway, so I'll probably just move em on out. I'll just hang the heat lamp over them for a while, til they get used to being outside (or it warms up more).​

You'll probably still want to do something, or they'll have the coop stinking pretty fast!! They sure do poo a lot!! Just imagine what it's been like here with 16 of them in the house!!
sickbyc.gif
lau.gif
You guys helped me out more than you know!
gig.gif

Quote:
lau.gif
I was thinking of going to Cindy's monday too - maybe I'll get to meet ya. What time were you going to be there? I still have to call Cindy to set it up, I told her I would, I just wasn't sure if Jon would have Monday off - but he usually does have it off.

What the heck, I'll call her later and tell her I'm coming monday, and Bruce can take Jon to work for me if I aint back in time.

meri

hit.gif
I want to go too!!
hit.gif
No fair, Cindy and Meri always get to have fun without me!
sad.png

I just figured you were coming too. Who is bringing me seramas for briarpatch??

Quote:
k thanks but will they b fertile when they start laying ??/

They should be, but you would probably want to crack the first couple open and check for the bullseye. It is very tiny, so you have to look hard!

ok thanks

im sorry but i have 1 last Q. i read some info from monarchs education on quail post
and it seemed like it said that i have to have a 250$ (yearly) license to transport the quail and keep them ???/ is that true its k if it is though ? jw?

Quote:

ok thanks

im sorry but i have 1 last Q. i read some info from monarchs education on quail post
and it seemed like it said that i have to have a 250$ (yearly) license to transport the quail and keep them ???/ is that true its k if it is though ? jw?

No, not in KY anyway. The only quail permit you need here is for bobwhites. You don't even need a pheasant permit, in case you wanted to get some of those!
wink.png
I'm thinking I'm going to!!

And don't be sorry!!
roll.png
That's why were all here, to educate and annoy each other!
gig.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom