Kentucky people

Welcome to new folks,

and Heya Miss Jayne - I have to warn you, once you visit Kentucky, you'll want to live here.

Well, another one of those Cornish Cross took a sudden dirt nap last night. That leaves me three to butcher. I'd better get to it soon, methinks. The three I have left (a roo and two hens) are the most active of them, though, so I think they have a better chance - those three always go out into the run with the other chickens and hang out. The two who died (organ failure, I assume, they both had purple combs when they were found) never left the building, just sat inside and waited for more food to be placed in the dish. They will be 8 weeks old on Saturday, btw.

Yes, I have committed the great sin of blending meaties with layers. Now that they are older, however, no one picks at the meaties, and they are too docile to pick at anyone else - with so few, I didn't see a purpose to give them their own pen.

One of my white call ducks is half out - but hasn't absorbed the yolk completely - so I'm not sure it'll live. I have 6 other eggs, though, so I'm hoping a couple of those will hatch. No action at all on them right now.

Well, gonna go catch up on BYC and emails.

meri

thank you so much everyone! FR Chuck..no need to be BBQ'ing on our account, but we surely would not have turned it down!
big_smile.png

my son is so excited about the tunnel at the aquarium. i think he's asked me about a million times if we are still going.
lol.png

so much to see. maybe Mojo is right...we may just have to relocate.
bun.gif

Quote:
We relocated last fall from Traverse City MI and our chickens came with us! Great place to live and lots of friendly people here.

oh gosh! i should not have read this! now my husband will have to get a new job!
lol.png

Quote:
We relocated last fall from Traverse City MI and our chickens came with us! Great place to live and lots of friendly people here.

oh gosh! i should not have read this! now my husband will have to get a new job!
lol.png

Kentucky really is a place you should visit when you have a lot of time to do so. There are many things to see here, but many of them are scattered around the state. In addition to Mammoth Cave, there is also a place near there called Dinosaur World. I haven't been to this one, but I went to the one in FL when we lived there. My son had a blast. Just south of Hodgenville is Abraham Lincoln's birthplace, which is pretty neat, the little 'log cabin' he was born in is inside the building. I can't really think of anything else, but there are many things to see here
smile.png

Last edited:
Anyone have any recomendations for honest Kentucky people selling pullets. When I asked about where we live I was told there was an ordinance against roosters. I would love to get some more ladies but I am afraid to buy at this point. I had 6 ladies I paid a bit extra for turn out to be all roos.

I have 1 barred rock rooster I am keeping at my parents farm so would like a girlfriend for him so I can have babies.

I also have golden comets and Easter eggers. I really want some more sweet pretty little girls. Would be great if they are not an easily stressed breed because I have one of the dumbest beagles ever and he just loves to bark at them. The gals I have now just ignore him thankfully.

Quote:
LALALALA I didnt just see that.
th.gif

I must keep telling myself I have enough.
hide.gif

yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
Welcome Miss Jayne I like your threads about your possum and receipies. (not related subjects) (sorry Jayne, I didn't want to get everyone excited about new critter receipies)
lau.gif

I agree with visiting the Kentucky Horse Park. It is north of Lexington very close to Georgetown. They have just finished a world class triage (sp) stadium for the 2010 World Equestrian Games. The Rolex three day event was a Test run of the facilities.

http://www.kyhorsepark.com/

Horse racing at Keeneland is over until Oct 9th. There is a Preakness party at Keeneland this Saturday the 16th but that is all.

http://www.keeneland.com/

It sounds like you already have a full schedule if you visit the aquarium and the Creation museum.

Lexington is a nice place to live but not that much here to visit. ... Wait... did I say that right? ... Yep... I think I did.

http://www.lexingtonky.gov/

Welcome to KY

I am in Radcliff. That between Elizabethtown and Fort Knox. I've been driving at least an hour to pick up chicks which is fine also. I am willing to drive in order to get healthy pullets.

Just can't take any more Roos. It is breaking my heart I can't keep these fellas. I was promised girls so I went ahead and got attatched.

Quote:
LALALALA I didnt just see that.
th.gif

I must keep telling myself I have enough.
hide.gif

LOL, You can never have enough silkies girl!..LOL, I always said I am going to have a pair and thats it...I now have 23..LOL

Back
Top Bottom