Kentucky people

Sorry it was so long to get back to you Pop57...

I milk my pygmies and use the milk for soap if I can get it into bags before the kids get at it.... I do share but I'm a bit lazy and only milk once a day and get about 15 to 16 ozs....

I had to let my best milker dry up so I could go on vacation and then we ended up selling her because she couldn't be bred due to a bad preg.

I finally got a new buck... he's so cute... long hair and little, perfect for my girls.... I think he's gotten all of them so I should have babies at the end of May and be back to milking....

I'm getting 6 eggs a day and a couple of silkie eggs....

I'd love some cuckoo marans....

Quote:
I thinking of goats milk for kefir and cheese making.

Be glad to send some eggs after it warms up a lot, dont want to send anyone frozen eggs.

cool.png

Pop

I processed a rooster yesterday and he is cooking right now. I've finally learned to cook halfway deceintly.

I've noticed that the winter roosters seem to have a lot more fluff underneith than the summer roos. Has anyone else noticed this?

Quote:
I've got one roo i need to process today. I'll check then. Im guessing they grow some "downishy" feathers to help with the cold.

My fav. way to cook esp. an older bird is slow cook in the crock pot. a little garlic, onions, rosemary, maybe a pint of beer. a couple - three hrs later and the meat falls of the bone.

Pop

I'm wondering now. (My mind does tend to wander, and as long as it comes back to me I don't mind too much.)
I wonder if I put beer into the chickens water if:

a. the eggs would be more flavorfull?
jumpy.gif

b. the roosters would taste better?
droolin.gif

c. the water would be less prone to freezing?
ya.gif

d. the chickens would be happier?
D.gif

e. all of the above?
idunno.gif

pop.gif

We do have guineas and we keep saying we want to taste one of them... We need to just do it! I'm hungry too, time for lunch
droolin.gif
leftover hm pizza is calling my name
smile.png
and I've got gumpsgirl bread rising right now to go with dinner tonight
thumbsup.gif

Did a search on the gumps bread, i'll be trying that tomorrow. I have found that agave nectar (you can get it at the wally world) is a great substitute for sugar, i'll let you know how it works out.

Guinea's are best @ 14 weeks or so but older bird work as well.

Hey estpr13, I too found the extra fluff on my roo, wow way thick

Pop

Back
Top Bottom