Kentucky people

Unfortunately, no sheds. I think my best bet may be something on wheels. Either way, something I don't invest a ton into, in case someone gets mad and rats me out.
I spoke with my neighbors across the street (we are really close with our neighbors) and they were supportive
smile.png
be careful investing money into a tractor or any other kind of coop in your subdivision until you have read the fine print and the extra fine print of your HOA
I've got several hens that people had to give up, even though they thought they knew what their neighborhood would allow. They thought they could sneak under the radar

I personally would Never buy a home or property Anywhere that another group of people sitting on a board of directors would be telling me what I can and cannot do on my own property
rant.gif

Hey everybody in Kentucky!
I'm selling one of my pens that I used to house my non-breeding Silkie roosters.
I sold all of my roosters, so I will not be using this pen any longer.
If someone out there needs a nice sturdy pen, just let me know.
It's about 12 feet long and 4 feet wide and 4 feet tall.
The wood was treated with a water sealant when built.
The front door opens; the rear door opens; and the top has two lids that open.
The box has two levels and inside access to each level.
It was kept under roof inside my pole barn.
It will come all freshly cleaned and sanitized.
I am located in South Central KY, Metcalfe County.
I am asking $650, and I can deliver for $3/loaded mile or you can just pick it up.

smile.png

I'm near Morehead, new to these parts. originally from Winchester. We have 25 Aurucanas, 1 Austrolorp, 1 Plymouth Rock rooster and 3 mixed chicks. And two gigantic Great Pyreneees :)

I have 7 silver Sebrights, 8 Porcline D'uccles, 3 Black Tailed White Japanese, 2 Phoenix, 7 Red Shouldered Yokohamas, 2 Malays, 4 Mille Fluer D'uccles, 3 Dominique's, 3 Barred Rocks, 3 blue laced red Wyandottes, 10 Bantam Splash Cochins, 5 Old English Bantams, 2 Old English Big Stock, 10 Buff Laced Polish, 6 Golden Laced Polish, 5 Silver Laced Polish, 4 White Polish, 1 Houdan/Polish Mix, 5 Ameraucanas, 9 Different Colored Silkies, 1 Red Cochin, 10 Cream Legbars, 3 Turkens, (a few breeds I'm not sure about yet) 3 Royal Palm Turkeys, 2 Narrgansett Turkeys, Cortunix Quail, Bobwhite Quail, Button Quails! Located in Pikeville Ky! (Obviously I'm addicted lol) Oh and 2 Nigerian Dwarfs!

Last edited:
How is the egg production coming along with you all?  Most of the readers on our blog say theirs has dropped a lot with the heat..  Just curious if you all have experienced the same thing?

Amazingly well. I usually get 5/6 or 6/6 every day out of 3 golden comets, one white plymouth rock, and 2 white leghorns. They turned a year old in March and their consistency amazes me!

Back
Top Bottom