Kentucky people

There are feeds out there that are no-soy, no-corn and I think they use things like peas and sunflower seeds and other grains for the protein. Scratch and Peck feed is one example. It is an excellent feed, but terribly expensive. To some people with food allergies it is worth it. I use Scratch and Peck because I love what it does for my birds, but I mix it with another non-GMO feed that contains corn and soy to keep my feed costs down.

Hey KYTinpusher, where do you find your non-GMO feed around here? We are thinking about putting in a food plot but that's an undertaking in itself. I'm open to any and all suggestions too. Thx!

Hey KYTinpusher, where do you find your non-GMO feed around here? We are thinking about putting in a food plot but that's an undertaking in itself. I'm open to any and all suggestions too. Thx!
Sent you a PM
big_smile.png

Hi everyone. Nice to finally find a group of local folks. I'm making my chicken plans for the year and looking at adding some good buckeye chickens to my flock. Anyone know where I might find some buckeyes in the Ky area? I live in the mercer county area and haven't seen any at the swaps. They seem to be hard to find and I'd appreciate any help I can get.
Hey......You are in luck..Some of the best Buckeyes around are raised right down the road at Pathfinders Farms, Williamstown, KY, by the Haggarty family.....Just Google " Buckeye chickens in KY" and their link and several others will pop up.....

Last edited:
Oh Hi! I guess I was so preoccupied looking for Orps I forgot to introduce myself!

I live in Lexington and just started up with my first chickens about a month ago :} a Faverolles quad, couple Banty game hens, a couple Silkie mixes, and an Ameraucana roo.

I'm loving having these lovely sweet animals and wanting to raise Faverolles and a few colors of English Orpingtons :-}

Back
Top Bottom