Kentucky people

Long time reader, just recently posted for the first time. Nice to have found a Kentucky page. We are in Fairdale. We have always raised Buff Orpingtons but just recently set 14 eggs of Lavender Orpingtons. Really excited for our hatch on February 4th. Looks like on day 10 we have 11 good eggs out of the 14, so not too bad I don't think. So hello everyone!

Long time reader, just recently posted for the first time. Nice to have found a Kentucky page. We are in Fairdale. We have always raised Buff Orpingtons but just recently set 14 eggs of Lavender Orpingtons. Really excited for our hatch on February 4th. Looks like on day 10 we have 11 good eggs out of the 14, so not too bad I don't think. So hello everyone!

Hi and welcome to BYC from central KY!
frow.gif

You seem to be doing pretty good with the number of developing eggs (I'd be pleased with that ratio, especially if they were shipped). Best wishes for a good hatch - looking forward to seeing some photos of your new chicks!

Hi and welcome to BYC from central KY! :frow

You seem to be doing pretty good with the number of developing eggs (I'd be pleased with that ratio, especially if they were shipped). Best wishes for a good hatch - looking forward to seeing some photos of your new chicks!

Thank you FoodFreedomNow. I actually drove about an hour away to pick these up, didn't like the idea of shipping. Bought them from a gentleman from New Haven. He was kind enough to meet me in Bardstown. I checked last night on the 3 that I was concerned with, got rid of one and now am thinking the other two may be doing something. They look a lot different than they did almost 3 days ago, 13 out of 14 would be wonderful! Can't wait to post pics!

Thank you FoodFreedomNow. I actually drove about an hour away to pick these up, didn't like the idea of shipping. Bought them from a gentleman from New Haven. He was kind enough to meet me in Bardstown. I checked last night on the 3 that I was concerned with, got rid of one and now am thinking the other two may be doing something. They look a lot different than they did almost 3 days ago, 13 out of 14 would be wonderful! Can't wait to post pics!

I'm with you on the local hatching eggs - my hatches from shipped eggs haven't compared (and one was a total bust). Funny that you mention New Haven, too...I got my first ducks from a woman who lived there. Well worth the drive!

Just guessing this isn't your "first time to the rodeo" with hatching, but I err on the side of caution and leave in the iffy eggs until I know they're duds for sure (even up until lockdown, and I've had no stinkers/exploders).

13 out of 14 would be fantastic - and it's possible! Staying tuned for updates.
pop.gif

Hey ya'll! I'm so happy i found this page!!! We're located in taylorsville ky. We've got a mixed flock (6 easter eggers, 3 leghorns, 2 buff orpingtons, a cream legbar, a Dominique, a top hat, a jersey giant, a gold laced Wyandotte, and a black serama bantam). Anway, we are looking for a few isbars to add to the flock. Anybody know of any around here? Besides the hatchery, i'm just not to crazy at the thought of $29 per chick unsexed lol

Hey ya'll! I'm so happy i found this page!!! We're located in taylorsville ky. We've got a mixed flock (6 easter eggers, 3 leghorns, 2 buff orpingtons, a cream legbar, a Dominique, a top hat, a jersey giant, a gold laced Wyandotte, and a black serama bantam). Anway, we are looking for a few isbars to add to the flock. Anybody know of any around here? Besides the hatchery, i'm just not to crazy at the thought of $29 per chick unsexed lol

Welcome! It sounds like you have a very diverse flock.
frow.gif

I saw someone on CL advertising Silverudd's Blue hatching eggs a couple of months ago, but haven't seen the ad recently. Hopefully, another local BYCer can offer a better lead.

frow.gif
Welcome to the KY thread! Good luck with your hatch!

Hi Walkerman78
smile.png
frow.gif
Welcome to BYC and the KY thread!

frow.gif
Welcome to the KY thread! I have Silverudd's Blue, formerly known as Isbars. (The story can be found here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1090421/silverudds-blue/0_20) I have the first eggs of the year, from 3 different breeding pens, in the incubator now.
wink.png
I am in Sparta, halfway between Louisville and Cincinnati, off I-71. Is your interest in birds for breeding, or just for lots of beautiful green eggs? Whatever your needs are, I can probably help you out.
thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome all! And KYTinpusher not gonna lie its the beautiful green eggs! I've been by Sparta on my way to my home state and after i talk to my partner I'm sure we'll gladly stop by on your offer. I'll talk to her tonight, as for now ive gotta reluctantly go to work blehhhh. Have a great day y'all

Back
Top Bottom