Kentucky people

In Campbell county, northern Kentucky region. Anyone else close?
welcome-byc.gif
and the KY thread!
frow.gif
I am in the northern tip of Owen County.

I have been using the RopaPoultry supplement with my chickens for a few months now and am pleased with the results. This is the same herbal (oregano oil, cinnamon oil, pepper, etc.) supplement that Perdue and other commercial flocks are now using instead of antibiotics. It is available from MyPetChicken (https://www.mypetchicken.com/catalog/Chicken-Health/RopaPoultry-Oregano-Oil-Supplement-p1374.aspx) but is rather expensive. One 500ml bottle lasts me a little over 2 weeks for 80+ chickens using everyday.

They now have a 5 gallon size available, which works out to about 1/2 the cost of the small bottles. Plus, it ships free, so that is an extra savings over the small bottles. However, the $450 price tag is more than I really want to spend right now, and I don't know how long it will last once it is opened and it would take me approximately 1.5 years to go through that much if I continue using it everyday. My plan is to ease back to the stronger dosage for a few days every couple of weeks. Anyway, if I can find 4 other people in the NKY area that would like to split it with me, that would be $90/person and a gallon would last me about 4 months. For those with smaller flocks, it would last longer.

Anyone in the NKY area that is interested in splitting it with me?

I`m new on BYC. 3 dogs, 1 parakeet, fish, 3 adult hens, 1 BB, 1 RIR, 1 BBxRIR, 14 chicks, 1 WR, 2 EE`S, 3 BO`S.. Don`t know about the others. Lived in KY all my life.
Riverstorm

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I'm in PRP (Southwest part of Louisville ). I'm looking forward to spending time learning from everyone here. Getting my chicks tomorrow. Was supposed to get them today but the delivery truck ran late, let's hope they all make it.
Cristy

Back
Top Bottom