Kentucky people

needtohatch - Thanks... nice to see another person from Hart County on here, lol. Glad to hear all that! Yesterday we got 24, thats the most so far. But even that adds up fast in a week, lol

I read you need a license and all that if you sell 60 dozen eggs a week, I think. Dont think I'll be selling that many yet, lol

Last edited:
Around here I think you are fine as long as you don't run it as a business. So we are just selling the "extra" eggs.
wink.png
I have also had a few people who want our eggs for hatching, I sell those for $3-$4 a dozen depending on supply and demand at the time (once I get rid of some roos and have pure eggs I will charge a little more).

Hey Chuck.... Where are you moving to?? Closer to me I hope....

Kelly and I were just saying the other day that we hadn't heard from you and now we know why....

I hope you're all better and that your girls stay safe... put the pins out to bark at the wind...

Well gals and guys, apparently one of my girls laid her first egg today... Soft shelled, looked like she must've been right in the middle of dustbathing, but I can't remember now who was laying in that spot when I walked back there cause they all came running up thinking I had their treat... But it was super fresh(still hot), broke probably from her sitting on it, and 3 of the girls were already digging in. So I snatched it up before they could get too immersed and tossed it over the back fence. I am suspecting it may have been Liberty even though the soft shell was white, because after everyone settled back down(cause I didn't have their treat so they ignored me), I tossed more oyster shell over the fence and then refilled the oyster shell bowl and everyone but Liberty got up to check out what I put in the run... She just laid where she was and didn't budge. Plus she had a little bit of clear dropplets on her feathers under her tail. Was thinking it may have been egg white from her laying on the egg and maybe busting it.

And either Boo or another EE laid a huge blue egg yesterday... Think I'll crack it open and check it out. If it was the new EE then it'll more than likely be fertile, and if it was Boo it won't be(she hasn't laid since I got her).

Hi. I am new to the site as a member. But have been looking for a year...I have 2 polish white-crested and am waiting on 6 Ameraucanas in the bator...I live near downtown Louisville..Lucky for me I live 1 mile from the farm / tractor store..The guys there think I'm some nut school teacher..I'm just excited to show my little boys how to take care of chicks! ( we are all learning!)

Bwagner1972 - Welcome... Down in Shepherdsville here....

FRChuck is downtown Louisville he's on here.....

Do you ever get to the Shepherdsville Stock Yards???

If so, I'm the soap lady there... have chickens/guineas/ducks and goats at my small farm....

cool.png

Quote:
hey soap lady
wink.png

you ever go to the Leitchfield swap on Wed. mornings....might be worth the drive...things sell pretty well there. I am dropping off a couple of pygmy goats there in the morning.

My daughter bought more soap from you last weekend and she wanted to shower as soon as we got home....lol

Quote:
I am moving to Winchester, KY. actually 15 miles outside of the city to a 10 acre parcel of land with a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house on it. Unfortunately the barn will have to be either repaired or replaced. Fortunately the chciken coop is in decent shape. The house will need alot of cosmetic repairs to it. Something to work on during the winter months.

My friend who raises shelties and lives there is downsizing to a smaller property and I am buying it from her. She has lived on the property for 21 years. In any case I am looking forward to the move and getting out of the city.

The Drs. aren't sure what it was that put me in the hospital, but they do know it wasn't the swine flu. It was partly my blood pressure being elevated to unsafe levels even though I take meds to lower it. I'm doing okay now, thanks.

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
I live in the Portland area near 30th and Duncan sts. I have both large fowl and bantams. There are a couple of people near me that also have chickens. I can hear their roosters when I am out and about.

welcome-byc.gif
to you too, MusicMan

Back
Top Bottom