Kentucky people

Quote:
Some hens can be just so pushy!
lol.png

hey Chuck!!! How are you these days?

Quote:
oh good idea! Union is brooding in the bottom of the litter box, I'll get the top out and set it someplace. Thanks for the suggestion... Now the rest of the layers will have two choices.

That little barred Cochin bantam is so funny... He will peck at me in the evenings trying to get me to pick him up... When I lift him he holds on to my wrist with his beak, like he is trying to bite but gentler, until he is in a comfortable secure position in my hand... Then he'll let go and start cheeping really low at me like he is telling me all about his day. I'm thinking this holding on may be a bad habit for show though... The judge may think he is irritable and DQ him. I don't know how that works. Cause he is just holding on to you, he will grab my wrist and step onto my hand at the same time.
photo3-1.jpg

Well, I finally bit the bullet and took Baby Goosie (white embden gander I hatched last year) to the sale. He is still here, but will be going to his new home next week. A lady saw me standing by him, him nibbling on my shirt and fingers, and getting spoiled to death, and asked me why I was selling him. I told her it's because I don't need that many ganders (out of 6 geese, I think at least 4, counting him, are ganders), and because he doesn't act like the other geese. He was a lone hatchling, so he wasn't raised around anything but people. When the other geese get too close he bites them, and he bites the 2 baby geese too. He didn't even 'talk' to the pair of chinese that were also at the sale.....he just doesn't seem to know he is a goose. She has no other geese, and when I told her he was a big baby, she said that's what she wants. So I feel good that he will have a good home.

She would have taken him today, but she didn't have a cage. The cage I took him in is the dog crate that the guinea pigs are in during the summer, they got kicked out for the evening so I could take him in a big cage. She wanted to borrow my cage, and bringing it back next week. My luck I wouldn't be there, or she wouldn't be there, or she'd forget it, so I suggested that I just bring him back home, then take him back next Friday. So that's what we are doing
smile.png
I'll miss him, but at least I don't have to worry about him being eaten
smile.png

Quote:
Whos judging??? Planned on Top of Ohio but may consider!
wink.png

Boy!!! Are you driving yet? We drove to so many shows last year we are burned out! Come by and pick us up.....LOL Do you have a bus?

Steph did you go to Tri-County? I hadn't heard anything in several days.

Larry

Quote:
Steph I have not been to TriCounty in several years but back in the 1980's to 2000 I went a bit. I was always leery of the stock there. Seemed like a lot of "culls" too old or sick for people to fool with any longer. Critters were handled kind of rough and prices were not all that good for the seller. I've heard it's been cleaned up and has a vet on site. Vacs are required on large animals.

Be prepared...It is a country auction ..... people buying there are not looking for pets....they are looking for tomorrows dinner.

Larry

Thanks Larry!

While I would love to see them go to a "pet home" I understand that is less likely with roo's
sad.png

I have prepped myself with the roosters that they will most likely go for a meal.

Thanks again
~Steph

Quote:
wink.png

I can't remember who's judging. RH is putting it on. Do you have his contact info?

Yolonda

Mrs. Turbo :

Quote:
wink.png

Boy!!! Are you driving yet? We drove to so many shows last year we are burned out! Come by and pick us up.....LOL Do you have a bus?​

Yes, pick them up, and me on the way. That would be a great hobby for you, driving pregnant and old women to shows!

Yolonda

Mrs. Turbo :

Quote:
wink.png

Boy!!! Are you driving yet? We drove to so many shows last year we are burned out! Come by and pick us up.....LOL Do you have a bus?​

Haha yeah Im driving!!! We are just about burned out from this spring, we went to the southern shows all winter! I wish I have a van or something bigger, a bus would work haha, suppost to get a truck this fall! Were was you all at Lucasville??? No body was there kind of boring, I dont think we are going to show at that show anymore we got treated like crap there by the show commitee! We bout loaded up and went back home it was so bad! They had everything scrude up I had like 4 extra coops and they didnt have 3 birds of mine a coop and had to take them back home after bathing them! Youth show got a judge that didnt even have an ABA APA lincese at all! Featherlegs was here there and everywhere! It was miserable! Fall show we are going to Orlando for a Serama Show instead!

Back
Top Bottom