Kentucky people

When is the next Kentuckiana poultry show?
Anyone know how you go about getting your birds entered for show? I'm not quite at that point yet but would like to know how to plan. My first step hopefully by spring will be to get NPIP cert. Any info would be much appreciated!

Quote:
WOW... these two must know something is up... we let the gang out of the coop today and these two fought like crazy.
I'll deliver one or two of these guys to whomever wants them. They are 6-1/2 months old.
I know rooster fight roosters... that is just the way it is... but, my wife/family really had a hard time with the bloody mess today.
Our big rooster just goes about his own business everybody leaves him alone. Our "runt" (who turned out to be a hen... thank goodness) finally laid an egg last week... she has laid 4 eggs now! She was more than 6 months old before she laid the first egg.
These 3 roosters and the hen are our first experience with chickens... we know nobody really wants mystery roos... and I don't have the heart to "put them in the freezer".
Anything you can do or suggest would be appreciated.
Thank You,
dad40013

Where do you live? We have a friend here who I give almost all my extras to. They live a complete freerange life... The folks love their chickens andguineas and don't care if male or female.

I have 2 cockerels I would like to sell or trade They are Orphingtons that carry the Lavender gene. One is lavender and the other is black. They are from Beth G's line from CT. They hatched on September 24th of this year. I would like to get $30 for both of them but I will trade for some silkies. Here is what I can use. A pair of nice white silkies, a black hen, a partrige hen and a blue hen. That would give me a trio of my colors. Other offers will be concidered just PM me.
I hatched the eggs in hopes of getting a girlfriend for my Blue Orphington but only got the 2 boys. I'm still on the look out for a girlfriend for him. So there's another option.

blackorp.jpg

By emvickrey at 2010-11-23
lavorp.jpg

By emvickrey at 2010-11-23

scbatz33 has B/B/S orpingtons and is over by Lexington, she might have some girlfriends for your boy, and might need some of your little boys too, who knows?
smile.png
Good luck rehoming the pretty things
smile.png

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion but they are over 5 hours away from me. I can't be away from home for very long and even meeting half way would still put me at being gone too long. Well, that is if I had to do any traveling but since i'm making the offer it would only be right to at least meet half way.

Back
Top Bottom