Kentucky people

WHO turned on February? Turn it off will ya!!!

We have at least 4" here on Furnace Mtn, still falling and blowing sideways. I just went out and topped the chickens' water and gave them a half-dry apple on a stick. At least this time it is enough for sledding.

Get home safe, Turbos!

Ameteuss, let me know when you've fixed your predator problem. I can sell 3 olive egger hens. I'll be on vacation from Christmas to New Year's.

Colby

okie dokie folks.....Can anyone give me the name of Kentucky Local hatcheries which have multiple breeds of chickens? I know Tractor Supply sells them but I'm not interested in getting a mix. I don't want any roo's just females. A co_worker was going to Mt. Healthy Hatchery in OHIO but now I'm not certain he will be going there.... Any suggestions?

I don't think there are any in KY except for Lake Cumberland Gamebirds. They have a few LF chicken breeds but I think they sell them as straight run only.

Quote:
We got home at 3:30 this morning.....boy oh boy it is cold. We drug the 2 pregnant goats into the barn stall until they have babies. I didn't plan that very well
sad.png

DS went out and measured around with a ruler - average 6.5 inches of snow on level surfaces, up to 8, down to 5. What's wild is how much stuck to VERTICAL surfaces. The sides of my van are 4 inches deep in fluff. Also hickory and ash trees.

wood&feathers :

DS went out and measured around with a ruler - average 6.5 inches of snow on level surfaces, up to 8, down to 5. What's wild is how much stuck to VERTICAL surfaces. The sides of my van are 4 inches deep in fluff. Also hickory and ash trees.

Colby, I thought for sure your cool Jeep could make it in the snow.
cool.png

I don't know how much snow we got. I didn't even stick my head outside. DH and the grandsons took care of the birds. Then that wind blew most of it away. When I braved the cold to tend to the critters today most of the snow that was still around was on patches of ice. I let some of the chickens out today and they came out and didn't even wander around they stayed by the coop, pecked around a little and went back inside. Can't say as I blame them either.

Back
Top Bottom