Kentucky people

Baby bunnies have left the nest! I went out there to check critters today and 3 of the babies were snuggled up in mom's hay on the floor of her pen. No matter where I put her hay she makes it into a nest
lol.png
After loving on them I put them back in the nest...I'm not ready for them to come out yet!
lau.gif

They will be 7 weeks old the Monday before Easter if anyone is interested in a medium-sized baby bunny! Mama is a Havana and daddy is mixed, the babies are black otters and blue otters. Asking $10 each OBO when they are ready to leave mom, I have 4 blacks and 5 blues
smile.png

Elinor's chicks :

Are any of you KY folks planning to go to the swap at Frankfort on March 26? If you do, what will you be bringing?

I'm not bringing anything. I'm just going for a look-see. I might pick up a pair of guineas to help hawk watch.
Colby​

Elinor's chicks :

Are any of you KY folks planning to go to the swap at Frankfort on March 26? If you do, what will you be bringing?

We might be bringing silkie and serama chicks, if my daughters decide what ones they are keeping before then
smile.png

Hey you all, I need to get rid of my roosters because of neighbor complaints. I live in Lexington. I've posted them all over the local boards (freecycle, cheapcycle, craigslist, etc.) and I cannot find anyone to take them.

Anyone want some free roosters? Please!

I'm attached to a couple of them.
sad.png

Here's their info, same thing I posted on freecycle...

I have three or four roosters that need a new home ASAP, neighbors are complaining about their crowing.

One is an Easter Egger/Black sex link cross. Another is a Cuckoo Marans/Easter Egger cross. They hatched this past July.

I also have a Cuckoo Marans cross, not sure what with, who hatched in 2009. He lost his toes due to frost bite a year ago.

The fourth rooster is a Cuckoo Marans who is from 2008, he's an old man and the father of two of the other roosters.

All of them are healthy, never had any diseases in my flock aside from scaley leg mites.

I live in Lexington, but I can meet you somewhere if you want.

(Send me a PM if you can take any of them!)

By the way, all of these roosters are great for making Olive Eggers! I'm getting some really nice olive eggs from the babies of the older two roos, and all of the hens from the hatch of the younger two lay super dark olive eggs.

Quote:
I wouldnt mind some lakenvelders or brahmas. She got any left?

Yes she has 2 Lakenvelders a white and a buff...also at least one Brahma maybe two they are dark. PM me and I can get you all the information

Quote:
I wouldnt mind some lakenvelders or brahmas. She got any left?

Yes she has 2 Lakenvelders a white and a buff...also at least one Brahma maybe two they are dark. PM me and I can get you all the information

That would be 'golden', no such thing as a buff lakenvelder
smile.png

I really would like to get another golden lakenvelder rooster, my guy just isn't gonna cut it. Cristian's dog got loose last fall (chicken killer) and bit him on the abdomen. Apparently it damaged some nerves or muscles/ligaments because he hasn't been able to walk/stand right since. He sleeps on the floor of his cage because he doesn't have the strength or balance or whatever to roost.
sad.png
And he's such a pretty boy too
sad.png
If anyone knows how to do AI I'd be interested in learning...at least then he wouldn't be a total waste.

Back
Top Bottom