Kentucky people

On the third Saturday of every month Tim and Susie's Henhouse has a swap as well. The turn out is always good and they only charge 10% commission. I didn't get to go this past one because of work but I had really good luck in Feb. and they had alot to chose from. Ms. turbo you need to come some time because they never have Calls or Seabastels.

: ) QUESTION ~Someone asked me what/why is the KY Law that you cannot buy fewer than 6 chicks @ TSC ?
roll.png
I don't know~so I'm certain some of you will give me the answer.
cool.png

I don't think that's a state law, I think it's a TSC policy. That way people won't buy them on the spur of the moment as a 'pet' for their children to discard once it's not cute anymore.

Quote:
smile.png
OK thanks~ I had no idea~ as I always buy my poultry from private breeders~the little people need the business or I want to see them stay in business.
cool.png

smile.png
CHICKEN SWAPs~Bob's HAY Barn (Feed Store) 703 3rd Street~Shelbyville, KY 40065~ 502-647-0008~ 9am till 12 noon~ every FIRST SATURDAY of the month~
big_smile.png

FREE Set up~bring anything to swap that fits in a cage~chickens~rabbits-puppies-kittens-etc.you don't have to sell your cage w/ ur animal ~More Info~ Phone SANDI about what you have to sell or trade. GREAT SWAP !
lol.png
Lots of people!
cool.png

Mr. Ree :

Has anyone heard of the dates for any of the annual shows held in KY? The Bluegrass, Green River, and Kentuckiana shows?

~Casey

smile.png
there is one in Frankfort in the Fall~ you might phone Sandi @ Bob's Hay Barn 502-647-0008~she has contacts w/ many Chicken people.
cool.png

Mr. Ree :

Has anyone heard of the dates for any of the annual shows held in KY? The Bluegrass, Green River, and Kentuckiana shows?

~Casey

Hopkins Co. Poultry show~~April 2
Kentuckiana poultry show~~May 21
Green River poultry club~~April 16

These are the ones I know of right now.​

smile.png
Next weekend March 26 Bluegrass Poultry Association will be having our Swap Meet at the Frankfort Fairgrounds next to Lake View Golf Course. The set up fee is $5 this goes to help pay for or Fall Poultry Show. We have this swap meet every Fourth Saturday of very month. Anything agriculture related is welcome plants, poultry, livestock, and equipment. No yard sale items are permitted. All out of state poultry must be tested before coming to the swap by your state tester and have proof of paper work for more info contact Marty Short at [email protected] or 859 274 3337
lol.png

big_smile.png

Copied this for someone:

JustAChickenLittle&More :

We have been in Kentucky for 2 years now and are foster to adopt parents of young kids under 10. We are middle-aged NON Drinking, Non Druggie people and always pay our rent on time. Since we've been in Kentucky, we have been at the same rental which is a comfortable 3 bedrm, 2 bath home. However...this home is on a very busy street (Hwy 23) and I am waiting for one of the coal trucks to make a wrong turn or slam on the brakes and visit my daughters bedroom. Therefore, we are looking for a new home. It must be a long term rental or rent to own within 10 - 15 years. If you guys/gals know of any rental homes, no matter where they are located in Kentucky, please pm us or email us at [email protected] We are in no hurry, but of course would like to be able to settle in another school district before school starts in the fall. Our needs are below:

Must be in Country (preferably not very far to town)
Must be 3 to 4 Bedrooms (more is fine)
Must be 2 Baths or more
Prefer it to be fenced already
Need minimum of 3-5 acres of land, more is fine!
Must be on paved road or dirt road off the paved road.
Prefer to Rent to Own, but will consider a long term rental.
We are great tenants, and the house is kept clean, neat. We do not throw parties or act like fools. Our company is the same way we are, or they are not invited back. If you have any further questions, please ask. Thanks!​

Back
Top Bottom