Kentucky people

i have a white leghorn hen (so i was told) that im wanting to trade for a barred rock rooster or hen. i believe she is between 12 and 18 months old. i was told she is pure but she looks to have a goldesh tint around her neck area. i can get pics if anyone is interested. i want to stick with one breed and left it up to the wife if its gona be the barred rock or white leghorn. she chose the barred rock. i want to do some breeding and dont want any barnyard mixing going on over here. i can catch her when it gets dark and get some pics. just let me know. im in franklin ky but work down 31w near bowling green or can meet near exit 2 off 65. just let me know

Quote:
I Just found out Sat while I was at the swap in Shepherdsville that there is a swap in Etown also. The guy I talked to said he had been to the one in Etown the last few weeks, but wanted to see if Shepherdsville had picked up any. From what he said the one in Etown is at the bowling alley where they have the farmers marketand you don't need to be there till around 7:30 or 8:00. He said it is fairly new (not sure if he ment just the animals, or the whole thing), but he said he has done really good there. I plan to check it out in about 2 weeks when my bunnies are ready and incubators hatch.

Interesting! We may need to stop by there on the way to the Etown farmers market tomorrow morning to check it out.

Thanks for the heads-up!

I'm in Etown...well Cecilia so might as well say E-town. From what I have heard the "swap" is just a flea market, and there havent been many animal sellers. So if there are any buyers then it would be a good place, but I'd hate to pack up a bunch of birds for no reason. I'm kinda skeptical of that area...been there on the days people are there and its very small, I mean kinda like a yard sale on the days I've driven by. Mind you - I dont drive by there a bunch. So someone correct me. I usually sell mine at the Grayson Co Flea Market in Leitchfield. In the Spring I do well with prices. and toward Fall the prices begin to drop on birds. HOWEVER.....the problem I see is that a lot of sellers there dont have healthy birds, but that helps me with what I sell, people jump on my birds and buy me out within 1/2 hour to hour after I'm there! I heard this weekend from someone at the Grayson Co Flea Market that the one in Shepherdsville HAS picked up...but...thats by what they said, and thats their opinion, I havent ever been there and have wanted to go myself. But I have no birds to sell, only birds I need to buy!
wink.png

Just wondering if there is anyone right in Munfordville or Bonnieville that would want to meet me & trade 12 hatching eggs... I've got a broody I'd like to put some eggs under, I usually just put eggs from my flock under my broodies but I want to add some different chickens in my flock. I'd really like something that lays nice big brownish eggs.

Anyone keep silkies (or similarly mild mannered breeds) who'd be interested in a hatchery/pet quality pair of silkies (red and partridge) for pets? I'd like to find them a nice home. They are 16 weeks old. He was supposed to be a sexed pullet and she was a substitution chick. I'm not selling them...just want to find them a good place to live as pets. I'm just northwest of Louisville.
37862_june_6_015.jpg

37862_june_6_039.jpg

Quote:
I am right there, but all I have are mixed (hens are RIR, EE, Golden Comit or a mix of those) My flock roo is a EE/RIR mix and then I have two RIR ( I think pure) roos also.I would have about 6 bantam buff brahma eggs and 1 or 2 Mille De Fleur bantam eggs. The bantams are seperate so would be pure. I don't need any hatching eggs myself, all my hens are set or have chicks right now, but would be interested in a "credit" for later. Let me know if you are interested.

Back
Top Bottom