Kentucky people

Quote:
They should be ok...... if they start panting really heavy and they make a gurgling sound while panting I would bring them in to cool off. That is a sign they are over heated and need cooled of as soon as possible.

They seem fine now. It's cloudy and sprinkling. They are in dog kennel runs with tarp roofs, so lots of shade. There's deep straw on the ground. One of my hens is 4 years old and has something wrong with her, she retains water and swells all over. I worry about her in the heat. She still lays daily though! I have 26 big hens and 10 bantam chicks. Most of them are tame.

My birds love dirty water. I swear they get it dirty on purpose before drinking it. They choose dirty brown duck water over a clean dish! Silly old hens.

I'm still desperately trying to rehome two golden seabright roosters! They are starting to crow and my neighbors will start up the complaints again. I'm having a hard time finding them new homes for some reason.

We just had a very nice t-storm roll though I bet all the barnyard animals love it, its nice wet & cool right now
smile.png

I was just about to go out and spray my poor hot chickens and thunderstorms rolled in. Thank goodness for some relief.

Ms. Lewis Rich :

Hey Terri love the frozen Pea idea, but mine won"t eat peas will try frozen corn LOL

cant take the credit for that,i got the idea from someone on here.
big_smile.png
i didnt think they would eat them but they did...​

Hi, I'm new to the forum and live in Burnside Ky. I bought my first chickens in March of this year and I'm in love. I currently have 15 and I'm always looking for more hens to add to my flock. Anyone have any for sale close to me? hehe
I can't wait for one of my girls to go broody...

Back
Top Bottom