Kentucky people

Hey guys,

I'm selling my house in Lexington...getting ready to put it on the market in the $115-$125,000 range. Anyone know someone who's looking to buy around here? My house has two chicken coops complete with covered dog kennel runs, 5 raised 4x4 ft garden beds, a semi-dwarf pear tree, and blackberry bushes. The real estate agent seems to think it will be impossible to sell our house with chickens. (He hasn't even seen them yet and I think he's wrong!) The house is about 1,000 sq. feet with one bathroom, 3 bedrooms. Lots of new stuff--new ceramic tile flooring in the bathroom and kitchen in 2011, fresh paint in the kitchen/living room/hallway, new roof in 2008, new water main, new kitchen faucet, new windows in 2007, new light fixtures in some rooms, new bathtub and wall tile in 2007, and it has nice hardwood throughout. It's completely updated and ready to move in. The house is near Nicholasville Rd. and Man O War, easy access to shopping and UK.

We're looking at property in Scott county. Finally getting farmland, if we can sell this house!

I also have two golden seabright roosters that need a new home. They are free. They hatched at Easter, I got them from TSC. Their crowing will not help my house sell.

Last edited:
needtohatch Wrote:
Jen4 wrote:

needtohatch: Pics. of the chickies that hatched from your hatchin eggs on my blog H-E-R-E

Your hen is beautiful, and she looks happy with her new kids!

I have a hen that wants to sit (again roll ) so when ever you can get a doz eggs together I can come get them.​

Thank You, yes shes a happy girl
smile.png

I've got a dozen right now I collected yesterday & the day before... I have 1 silkie egg do you want me to put it in the bunch, also I've got bantam eggs do you want any in the bunch?​

Quote:
I was checking out your blog, very cool! Where are you getting your feed from? It sounds like a much better deal than TSC. ff you wind up having to sell the coops, let me know. I need to expand mine.

I'm not sure the coops can make it out of our yard without being demolished.
sad.png

I get my feed from Woodford Feed in Versailles. I love their feed! I buy the broiler mash, then I add in oyster shell. My birds are so healthy now, and they lay eggs with nice thick shells.

Our 8 yr old lost his rabbit yesterday due to this heat. Not looking forward to being out in it today constantly renewing my chickies water, but I don't want to lose one of them either. We were told that they won't drink the water if it gets too warm. I so do not like hot weather.
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom