Kiki's found horse eggs—experiment Round 2

View attachment 1376791 View attachment 1376794 If you need a cheap temporary incubator, a small hot plate with a thermostat built in works great for a heating element. You can even find them at thrift stores. A small fan to blow air on it helps too! Here is a picture of mine. I put it in my incubator one day when my heating element went out. It saved my eggs! It does take some fiddling to get the temp right since 99 is not labeled.
That is clever!

View attachment 1376791 View attachment 1376794 If you need a cheap temporary incubator, a small hot plate with a thermostat built in works great for a heating element. You can even find them at thrift stores. A small fan to blow air on it helps too! Here is a picture of mine. I put it in my incubator one day when my heating element went out. It saved my eggs! It does take some fiddling to get the temp right since 99 is not labeled.
I like this idea! I will be bookmarking this :)

The goal is to set these eggs by Wednesday. I'm hindered by school and my lack of driver's license in getting materials right now.

I like this idea! I will be bookmarking this :)

The goal is to set these eggs by Wednesday. I'm hindered by school and my lack of driver's license in getting materials right now.

I use those as incubators. They are fantastic. I just put the right sized dish in for humidity and get the temperature right and it's very stable :)

My turn! My silkie went broody again yesterday and a young man at church asked me to incubate some of my eggs for him. So I’ll get to see my crosses for the first time! Fuzz is a great mom, but is there any good way of determining viability before I give them to her? She’s still laying as of yesterday. Should I wait a couple days for her to stop? Never hatched my own eggs before!

Back
Top Bottom