Kiki's Fresh Freaky Friday Fun Fudge Fantastic-ness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
It probably doesn't radically accelerate it, but there's definitely an interaction.

I think there are other factors at play, the problems I've experienced aren't strictly related to diet. And one anecdote isn't a good reason to disparage decades of scientific research.

Look into the effects of calorie restriction. Research of its effects on humans specifically has been difficult to conduct for obvious reasons, but drugs like metformin and rapamycin work by mimicking the effects of it.
There’s studies that prove the opposite too though I’m sure. There’s usually always studies on both sides of things if you look hard enough. I don’t think it’s been decades though cause I always heard the 3 meal thing growing up? And that your body goes into starvation mode on diets and holds onto fat which is why most diets don’t work?

It probably doesn't radically accelerate it, but there's definitely an interaction.

I think there are other factors at play, the problems I've experienced aren't strictly related to diet. And one anecdote isn't a good reason to disparage decades of scientific research.

Look into the effects of calorie restriction. Research of its effects on humans specifically has been difficult to conduct for obvious reasons, but drugs like metformin and rapamycin work by mimicking the effects of it.
Does this have anything to do with that ketone stuffage?
No. Heck no. I'm not producing any more of those little ba****ds than is strictly necessary. I have no intention whatsoever of going through anything remotely like ketoacidosis ever again, no matter how short the period is, and I would never, ever support it -- I was hospitalized because of the darned thing, for goodness' sake. Never again.
Rant over, apologies to anyone offended. It is a very sensitive subject for me.
To those of you who do those ketone diets, I commend you for your courage and stubbornness.
Seriously, though, Carp -- even if there's some merit to this whole "restricted calorie intake" thing... you still shouldn't be underweight. Please take care of yourself.

Last edited:
There’s studies that prove the opposite too though I’m sure. There’s usually always studies on both sides of things if you look hard enough. I don’t think it’s been decades though cause I always heard the 3 meal thing growing up? And that your body goes into starvation mode on diets and holds onto fat which is why most diets don’t work?
Most diets don't work because people stop the diet once they reach their weight loss goal and immediately start putting the weight back on. The only thing that truly works is a complete life style change that incorporates a better food intake permanently and not just until a specific goal is reached.

I have to graze almost continuously throughout the day or my blood sugar drops and I feel like death.
Me too or at least like every few hours. I can’t go more than like 4 unless I want to feel terrible 😂🤣 mostly weak/off feeling. And if I go even longer I eventually get a headache. 😂🤣 but it’s weird because it’s not every time. Like some days I can go longer without eating and be fine and then other times I get really sick. I usually only really eat like one or maybe two actual meals though cause I graze a lot 😂🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom