Kiki's Fresh Freaky Friday Fun Fudge Fantastic-ness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think just a little bit bigger picture. Here's a suggestion: person "x" is someone you know and seen for a couple years at TSC or the bank or a autoparts store. You have had many short and long talks with them. You know some family background but, they are basically unofficial friends but, you primarily do business with them. You trust each other to be fair and honest as you have a legitimate working relationship. So that's a "professional reference" and not the "friend" that sits next to you in college class. Think about the background behind networking. You can have many actual friends and yet, offically they may also easily fall into the "professional reference" catagory --- IF you needed it. It's always professional courtesy to ask folks if they wouldn't mind being a professional reference for you. I know many folks that have been honored doing that for younger folks. Shows your developing strong ethical and great moral perception.

Philosophy lesson over with. Deal? (smirks)
See! I told you peeps. this turned philosophical! But that's OK

It is a virus that mutates and blocks functioning cells. Yes you can get a repeat strain in a different form
Do you have a source for this? I'd love to read more—but I have not found any data that suggests COVID (or any other coronavirus) is able to mutate the way influenza does. That would be quite spectacular, and spectacularly bad.
There has been some speculation that you can be reinfected, but there is no hard data and the cases have been ambiguous at best.
More likely what is happening is either: 1) antibodies are rapidly declining in patients to the point of being able to be reinfected several months later (unlikely, very uncharacteristic for any virus, and not widely believed in the medical community), or 2) the virus is laying dormant in patients and certain people are seeing "flare-ups" if and when it slips past their immune system (which is not reinfection but just a common survival technique of viruses called viral latency, as seen in herpes or chicken-pox), or 3) these "reinfection" cases are false positives from dead virus particles and/or recovered patients are mistaking symptoms of another virus for a second round of COVID.
As far as I know, the general consensus right now is that it's a mixture of 2 and 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom