Kiki's Myshire PANSY FEE Part 2

I set a few falb fee quail eggs, similar, but not exactly the same. They are due for lockdown tommorrow, today will be my last candling date, I am excited! I will also be setting another batch in 5-7 days.
Where did your eggs come from?
What color is your next batch going to be?

I was in a hurry to get mine set this morning so I really need to reorganize with my larger trays or just wait a couple of days until I candle. I had to put about 15 in the j12 with the HGs 😂
3 or 4 of mine have little smooshes in the shell…..not sure if I was a little too rough with them or if they were slightly smooshed before they arrived???? Waiting to see after a few days whether to leave them in or not.
I open the box took two pictures and immediately put them in the incubator.
I have not even looked at the eggs once yet.
I will as soon as my flashlight charges.

I set a few falb fee quail eggs, similar, but not exactly the same. They are due for lockdown tommorrow, today will be my last candling date, I am excited! I will also be setting another batch in 5-7 days.

Have you joined @Kiki quail hatch a long???? We follow everyone’s hatching progress there since our first hatches in 2018!!!! 😂 it’s fun to see how many quail we all hatch!!!!

Have you joined @Kiki quail hatch a long???? We follow everyone’s hatching progress there since our first hatches in 2018!!!! 😂 it’s fun to see how many quail we all hatch!!!!
:oops: I swear I'll start keeping track again one day.

@Kiki Do you cull extra males?
Very early on I do.
I eat them even if they're little.

I refuse to deal with any type of fighting or picking on each other and the second I see it starting to happen I off them.

Very early on I do.
I eat them even if they're little.

I refuse to deal with any type of fighting or picking on each other and the second I see it starting to happen I off them.
Which method do you use? Pluck the head off, chop the head off with a knife, or cut the head off with scissors?

Which method do you use? Pluck the head off, chop the head off with a knife, or cut the head off with scissors?
I use the Mexican method or the mini Mexican method.

I'm a weenie I cannot kill them but I can butcher them.

Someone else cuts the head off or shoots them in the head for me.

Back
Top Bottom