Kiki's Myshire PANSY FEE Part 2

A good pair of scissors works great.
From what I hear it is extremely easy to just pull the head off too with your bare hands.

I think we have a couple of videos of some of us offing quail and butchering them.
I'm sure we can dig them up if you want to see them before you do your first one.

Mine are fairly easy to pull link off the YT channel

We just moved into a new neighborhood, know a few people, but we are not fully vaccinated yet. Probably will do the head chopping method, do you recommend that?
Personally I made some tiny killing cones from a few Plastic San pellegrino bottles, 16oz and 24oz(ish I think). I have them mounted on a tree with a nail to hang a bucket below. I use a pair of heavy kitchen shears designed to cut through bone, Gerber brand. I gently pull down on thier heads (thank them because a I am a total sap to be honest) and aim to cut at the base of the head so I don't actually go through the spine. I cried the first few times, but I raise them for food, I give them a good life and a quick death.

Personally I made some tiny killing cones from a few Plastic San pellegrino bottles, 16oz and 24oz(ish I think). I have them mounted on a tree with a nail to hang a bucket below. I use a pair of heavy kitchen shears designed to cut through bone, Gerber brand. I gently pull down on thier heads (thank them because a I am a total sap to be honest) and aim to cut at the base of the head so I don't actually go through the spine. I cried the first few times, but I raise them for food, I give them a good life and a quick death.
I am running a small experiement. I never butchered anything, EVER. Not even any chickens. But this year I would need to. I tried the rehoming route, with no luck. This year I need to butcher extra cockerels that are now just chicks and several quail males about to hatch in my incubator. The quail would mature faster, so I planned it out to first butcher quail then give a go at chickens. I wont be doing it, although I do the planning.

I am running a small experiement. I never butchered anything, EVER. Not even any chickens. But this year I would need to. I tried the rehoming route, with no luck. This year I need to butcher extra cockerels that are now just chicks and several quail males about to hatch in my incubator. The quail would mature faster, so I planned it out to first butcher quail then give a go at chickens. I wont be doing it, although I do the planning.
I will send you the link to my video…..I only cull chicks by myself and when we do adults I choose which ones and mr muddy actually does the dispatch. We use a cone and knife for chickens and turkeys
And full decapitation for dux. Same as others have said, they live a very spoiled life right up until the last moment.

I did not know eggs were arriving today.

Looks like I forgot to collect eggs last night so I have three fresh blue ballers that I'm adding to the incubator now Plus four blue ballers that I pulled from the refrigerator.

For a total of lucky seven blue ballers.
I labeled the fridge eggs only for now.
JPEG_20210714_204228_8704847053724604367.jpg

Twist 90 degrees? Is there a lot of blood? I will get a family member to help, we set 19 eggs, so we would have 10 males, we will keep one as we already have 2 males. That leaves 9 to butcher.
I personally hate hate hate integrating birds.
I avoid it.

Have you thought about offing your current boys once you are sure you indeed hatch more boys?

Back
Top Bottom