Kiki's Summer Stupendous Social Salad Splash

What do you call it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Bless the poor Mom's heart.
She's a sweetheart! And she loves my chickens ... even my (loud!) bachelor flock. When they moved in a few years ago, she was home with them all the time, and they were good - if REALLY active - kids. Even now, with Dad gone and her having to work all the time, the kids are clean, they stay around home, they don't curse (except for the little gate slapper, who has discovered the joy of reactions!) and for the most part, they're okay. they just get out if control when they're bored and have limited supervision - which in these days of limited travel & no visiting, is VERY frequently. As much as I hate to say it, I DREAD their return on Saturday.

So - I guess what it all boils down to is, if I pull a KDOGG and disappear, this weekend it'll be because I'm hiding from kids -
The overactive ones next door and the under-sexed ones here! :D

And our next door neighbors have a really janky yard. Pretty all the rest of the houses have really nice, well kept landscaping. But they have weeds and grass growing through the sidewalk, weeds all in their overgrown grass, plants growing in the gutters, lots of random dead trees and bushes, IDK what they're called, but they're like garden beds for the plants and they (normally) have mulch in them. Well, anyways, there was not mulch in them. Just weedy grass and a few trees in need of trimming. Also, the barrier that's supposed to keep mulch in is falling apart and you can see tarp sticking out. Needles to say, it's horrible.
Lol that ain't nothing. Be grateful I'm not your neighbor.

@NanaKat S words this weekend.
Okay....Say What?

Sackful of silly cat
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Sidewalk project
image.jpeg

Simple...Salty, Minnie and Monkey...barn kitties image.jpeg

And I though I had bad neighbors.
The ones behind us have two dogs that bark non stop. Not once have they tried to calm them or tell them to stop. I was out letting Teddy use the bathroom and the dogs were barking at us so I came up to the fence where there was an open spot and let them sniff me as I told them it was okay and I wasn't gonna hurt them. They quieted immediately. They don't bark much now.

And our next door neighbors have a really janky yard. Pretty all the rest of the houses have really nice, well kept landscaping. But they have weeds and grass growing through the sidewalk, weeds all in their overgrown grass, plants growing in the gutters, lots of random dead trees and bushes, IDK what they're called, but they're like garden beds for the plants and they (normally) have mulch in them. Well, anyways, there was not mulch in them. Just weedy grass and a few trees in need of trimming. Also, the barrier that's supposed to keep mulch in is falling apart and you can see tarp sticking out. Needles to say, it's horrible.
When we first moved here and I was like 8 the two youngest daughters played with me often. They were maybe 11 and 13 at the time. I'm not sure really. Well that didn't last long. You see my mom never really let me knock on their door and they never really came to our house so we just played in my front yard. We stopped hanging out much after that. I wasn't sure why at the time and the months following, I mean, we were both homeschooled, liked animals, and we lived next door. Well, looking back at it now I'm pretty sure it's because we didn't end up going to the church they went to so... I mean, we've never been very religious. We never went to church growing up. I'm definitely way more religious now than I was before but I don't think that should have anything to do with friendship.

The neighbors adjacent to us have what we call the great wall of Clearwater. After hurricane Irma their back fence fence got knocked down while our next door neighbors mom was the only one staying there (her son and daughter in law, aka our neighbors, were on vacay). Anyways, the people behind them insisted on fixing it themselves even though my dad offed to. So, a lot of time goes by but they finally get to fixing it. They got these super tall fence posts. I mean like, at least 10 feet tall. I'm thinking, like 'hmm, that's a bit odd, but maybe he's just reusing it to save money'. Years later they're still there. Ugly as heck. He cut one of them but left the others for whatever reason.
Our house is a bit higher up from there so we get to see it every day. Which is just great. lol.

Sorry for such a long rant about my neighbors lol.

Oops, just realized I hadn't posted this 😂
Good grief.. do you know Kdog?

Did you actually watch those?
I did not watch the last one that they broke into two movies. My friend drug me to the rest... in theaters. I made her buy my tickets, popcorn, and supply me with a good amount of booze beforehand to be able to tolerate them. I laughed hysterically the whole time.
Kinda like the time my dad and I went and watched Titanic in theaters. We were laughing so hard that they almost kicked us out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom