Killed my chick, more to do...(graphic detail)

I am so sorry you have to go through this
sad.png

I've been reading about the chicks. So sorry they were not improving. It's brave and kindhearted thing to do, esp. considering they are slowing going down. Best wishes....

I agree that she had to do whats best even the method of killing chicks is not the greatest but easier done and its quick. I have done the same thing and same method of killing chicks a time or two and believe me, they were gone quick. Better than dumping them in a pail of water.....and its not easy to behead a chick that small either without taking your fingers off if you are holding it down.

Whatever method is best for one may not be best for another but basic line is, it was quick and straight to the point and no suffering..isnt that what we wanted?????

Quote:
Sorry I did not explain fully. She has been like this. She has not starved or died of thirst because we have been force feeding her to keep her alive a little longer to see if medications would work. Her state has not changed. I literally woke up every morning hoping she was dead so my little chick wouldnt have to suffer any longer. I do think this was actually more peaceful than struggling around in a box and slowly dying. This way, I could cuddle her and tell her I loved her and all she would feel was a split second of going through the air. It was EXTREMELY fast and I know she felt no pain. I actually feel good I won't have to wait anymore and listen to her cries. Shes not hurting anymore, remember?

Last edited:
It's ok if that's what you want to do.Maybe it's wrong but I probably would have waited it out.Either way it's not an easy choice.Sorry about your loss.

That baby cheeped all night. i must have been in there 10 times to make sure she was comfortable. I think she might have been in some sort of pain and not just paralized? I just dont know.
hmm.png

Quote:
Sorry I did not explain fully. She has been like this. She has not starved or died of thirst because we have been force feeding her to keep her alive a little longer to see if medications would work. Her state has not changed. I literally woke up every morning hoping she was dead so my little chick wouldnt have to suffer any longer. I do think this was actually more peaceful than struggling around in a box and slowly dying. This way, I could cuddle her and tell her I loved her and all she would feel was a split second of going through the air. It was EXTREMELY fast and I know she felt no pain. I actually feel good I won't have to wait anymore and listen to her cries. Shes not hurting anymore, remember?

Stormhorse-you did the right thing. She wasn't getting better and was suffering. Now she is at peace. I'm just sorry you had to do it. It's not an easy choice to make or thing to do.
Yellowrosebouquet.jpg

Back
Top Bottom