Killed my chick, more to do...(graphic detail)

Stormhorse23

Songster
12 Years
Aug 22, 2007
Indiana
Because my mom did not want to see or do the task, I did. I took the sickest chick, a brahma pullet, and gently wrapped her head in the corner of a plastic bag and hit her on the pavement. She wasn't in there long enough to sufficate or gasp or anything, just so I knew I got her head in there. I have three more to do tomorrow. Including my favorite, my little Kieran. I never though I'd have to kill someone I loved so much. I feel like a murderer...
hit.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
You know how a lot of peoples chicks are getting ill? Well this one has been sick for a week and it down to just laying there and squaling, despite us trying antibiotics, sugar water, everything. She was totally paralized and when I showed my neighbor, she said it looked like she was decomposing. That chick already felt dead. I could move her legs around and they would hang helplessly.
sad.png

Oh, I'm sorry you have to go through that.... it's hard enough when they die on their own. But when you have to be the one to do it, it's even harder.

Stormhorse, I feel so badly for you. First, to have your chicks be sick, second to not be able to cure them no matter what you did, and now because you are having to do the tough thing and end their misery. Blessings on you.

Edited to re-spell.

Last edited:
If she was that close to death then i would have just let her go out peacefully.She was probably only a couple of hours away from dying anyway.

Back
Top Bottom