killing a dog that killed your poultry

Status
Not open for further replies.
animal control and ourselves took pictures of where it ate into the gate and the carcasses

odd thing is i was warned by three neighbors to keep my dogs penned in or tied up and to make sure they don't get off the property cause a guy in the back will shoot any dog he sees on his property. oddly enough this guy lives in the same place people have told me he lives

south carolina, the fact that kept the dog confined while i did the deed was the problem and the darn thing moved it's head or it would have been a clean shot to the head. so it took me two shots. i actually thought that was kinder to confine it and get a clean shot then fire of several times while it was on the run and took several shots to bring it down

well oddly enough the guineas were in a pen and the chickens free ranged. it didn't go after the one's free ranging most of them can fly up in the trees. it went for the ones it knew were confined and couldn't get away

i'm more afraid to pen them now then let them run free. at least they have a chance to escape that way

lawyer told us she thinks she can get the charges dismissed and get us a low fine. the animal control also after they were here told us they were going back to charge him

when they cited us they told us being ticketed didn't mean we were guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom