Killing Horses for Humans to Eat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the 80's my brothers worked at a horse slaughter house right here in Minnesota and I ate a lot of horse meat and it is better then beef IMHO.

Where does this meat go? Is it shipped out of country or stay in the US? Are the majorlity of these horses 'rescue' or 'unwanted' horses, or being bred specifically for meat?

(I am blaming being Canadian for not being up to date on US policies and new regulations.
wink.png
)

What does horse meat taste like?

I've had beef, pork, chicken, turkey, squirrel, bison, emu, ostrich, salmon, catfish, tilapa, cod, oysters, clams, shrimp, crawdaddies...so feel free to describe it!

I bet they taste good grilled!

Quote:
Dont quote me on this lol but i believe they are mostly being shipped elsewhere to eat. And most are horses that people irresponsibly bred, untrained and healthy that go through auctions where no one has the money or room or whatnot to buy them. I see it happen all the time and most rescues have to turn a lot away.

Quote:
You know, I have had horses my whole life, and I kind of wonder what it tastes like too. Most of my friends say that I'm sick for feeling that way when I have horses that I love and care for. But I have had cows and chickens and I still eat beef and chicken! lol

Quote:
This has always been a problem with old and unwanted horses some thought the problem would go away if they outlawed the slaughter plants but all it did was make the problem worse so now they have brought it back to being legal but who will try to open a plant ? when they do the "horse people" will be all over them

Quote:
Yea! I love lamb and beef!

Now where can we get some?! Ok folks don't look at me that I sprouted horns...really, I am game wanting to TRY it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom