Killing, Plucking, Eviscerating, & Cutting Up Your Chicken - Graphic!

Quote:
Yeah man, really. This guy knows how to process.

How does a new member just show up and do this? Frugal man, you rock.

1much I'd like to visit and process with you sometime. I don't think our
birds would look as good but the stories would be priceless.
roll.png

Fantastic.....I hope this thread is stickied somewhere easy to find. This will be referred to over and over. I can't imagine paying for a class at a university and getting any better information. Thank you for taking the time to do this. Super!!!!

Thank you so much for posting this very thorough pictoral.
big_smile.png
I'm going to show this to my husband who has never butchered anything, Im sure this will help him with his reservations he has about us getting meat birds. Great Job and welcome to BYC.
big_smile.png

I've been looking through the photos again & now am curious about that groovy roofed enclosure in which you're doing your work. I'd like to learn more details about that, the dimensions, materials, if it's kept up year 'round or just set up for butchering time. We'd like something like that but to use for shade while butchering in the summertime.

Also, on what do you have your pot of scalding water? Is it some kind of gas grill or heater? And how do you have your work tables set up?

And when do you next plan on being in Palm Beach County, Florida? Please let me know so we can have some birds ready for you to help us butcher while you're here!

Quote:
i was thinking that was cool too
big_smile.png

i have a tarp canopy i paint in, i usually get 1 a year,, and use the poles after for bird pens,, i think this 1 i got now, is gonna turn into a processing room,, man i hate just doing out back of the shop
sad.png

Quote:
My enclosure is not yet complete. At present, I have all the rafters up and it's covered with poly while I wait for my metal roofing materials to arrive. It's for year round use to get out of the weather some---a must for a homesteader. I'll use it for everything from making Maple Syrup to dressing out whitetail deer.

I have a couple of single pot gas heaters that I use. We use them for seafood boils up here.

I've spent several weeks in Jupiter...
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom