Killing, Plucking, Eviscerating, & Cutting Up Your Chicken - Graphic!

Pics
Quote:
LOL, I never even thought about the blood in the pic. We're always dressing out something around here. I have 3 lambs to do right now and I always have a dozen or so bunnies ready to dress out.

BTW, that's actually a forced grin, I don't usually having my picture taken. And I never enjoy the taking of a life.

Thanks for the kind words, they're always appreciated.

Last edited:
what if you don't have a scolder.... I will be doing in my first 2 ducks in a week, but don't have a scolder or pot big enough.

What does that step do???

Thanks

Quote:
I have a big stock pot that I used. It worked well, and it was cheap at WalMart. We put it on our propane camp stove.

That step is very important in plucking. It loosens the feathers up so they come out easily. But you could just skin...

Thank you! this is awesome! i have cleaned my own chickens in the past with help from the internet, but nothing as clear and helpful as this. I never knew about the glands in the tail. May be why my chicken tasted "off".

Thank You this was very informative my husband and I have been wanting to learn to process chickens.
Great picture's it really tells from beginning to end just how to do it,

Thanks i will bookmark this thread
smile.png

Thank you all for the kind words. It's becoming more obvious with every salmonella outbreak that knowing how to process your own food properly is a GREAT idea.

smile.png

Hey frugal.
I used your instructions when we processed a rooster and ducks. We did the plucking a little different, but the cutting up ans gutting we followed yours.
Nice to see more Vermonters on board.
Do you know where the Elk farm in the NEK?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom