Kinda gross but.......

Lunachick

Chicken Slave
12 Years
Mar 19, 2007
Brick, NJ
So, the economy is bad right? Last night I made a sauce with hot sausages. I had two half boxes of pasta, I dumped both into the boiling water, later I went to check on the pasta and I saw about ten pantry moth larva floating in the water. I scoop them out onto a paper towel, yes they are boiled dead, so I throw them out. I continued cooking the pasta.

Well everyone showed up for dinner (family members only) And no one complained but I did have a pang of guilt later on but I got over it.
big_smile.png

No big deal.

It was cooked for heavens sake.

If you would have left the larvae in there, it would have meant more protien in their diets.
lol.png

Sorry, but I would have done just what you did.

Ya know, sometimes you just have to make that judgement call. I think we've all had to decide to so something like that at one time or another, no matter if we ever admit to it or not.
Here's 2 instances in my family...One year we were having Thanksgiving dinner at my mom and dad's. Mom asked if I would make pumpkin pie, so I made 2 pumpkins and an apple. Made them the night before and set them on the dining room table to cool so they'd be ready to pack up the next day. Got up on Thanksgiving morning, and What??!! The centers had been very neatly eaten out of both of the pumpkin pies. And you could just see the traces of Kitty Kat tongue prints on the edges of the eaten parts. (we don't have cats anymore) It was too late to make more, plus there were no ingredients to make them with. No place was open to buy any ready made pies. So, I carefully cut the outside areas that were left unscathed into little squares. Mom was disappointed that we had pumpkin bars, instead of pie, but they were good. So she said, anyway. She never noticed that none of us ate any of the pumpkin bars, let the rest of the family have it all. haha. A few years later we finally had to tell, you know, one of those "remember when?" family moments. I couldn't believe that she would get mad after all that time, LOL.
The other instance was about 3 years ago. We had just finished building that pole barn up north, and decided to have a harvest potluck dinner there. About 35 family members came, everyone carrying some kind of yummy dish. My nephew Jon is famous for his lasagna. He brought a huge pan of it. His 21st birthday had been the night before, so he was still a little 'happy' and my son told him he could ride with him and his wife and daughter. My son was also bringing his dog, Rocky. They got almost to our place and Rocky realized where they were and started to get excited. Jon was sitting in the back seat with the lasagna pan on his lap, covered with a towel (the pan, not Jon) As the got to the corner of our road, Rocky decided to give a leap and go out the window and run to our barn. He landed first tho in Jon's lap. Or I mean, in Jon's lasagna. They had to stop and survey the damage, and make a decision. They smoothed everything over and covered the Rocky footprints and folded the towel over and never said a word. We never noticed Rocky's cheesy feet. EVeryone raved over how good the lasagna was, but Jon was behind the barn throwing up. Of course, it was a while before we heard about that one as well.

Why gross? You took out all the ones you could see didn't you? LOL - I have done exactly the same thing.

The gross number I hate to see is the number of spiders that the average person eats while sleeping over a lifetime - that one freaks me out!

Back
Top Bottom