Kindly asking for a new report page for the Member Pages

I mentioned something about this before and stated I would be willing to work my way through the articles.
Currently when you open the articles main page you are presented with sort by views by default. The number of views an article has has little relevance to the quality of the article. My thought is by rating, or by reviews would be a better option.

I would like to see all the role play articles in their own subsection.

For anyone to take the time to sort the members pages they need to be able to move the articles, otherwise the effort is wasted.

Many of the articles are in fact misplaced posts that should be threads. Anyone sorting the articles would need a place to move these to.
That option for us to convert the articles into a thread for those that should have been threads doesn't work right now.
It's broken or whatever.

I question why these are even on a poultry forum.

Many of the articles are in fact misplaced posts that should be threads.
Articles should be reviewed before publishing....that would sift the wheat from the chaff, instead of adding to the sorting after the fact.

I question why these are even on a poultry forum.

Articles should be reviewed before publishing....that would sift the wheat from the chaff, instead of adding to the sorting after the fact.
I don't think anyone reliable could be found to do regular pre publishing reviews. It's quite a major commitment.
Then you've got the problem of finding people who know enough about the various subjects to fairly rate the article.
Finally, given I've offered to have a go at this twice and there has been no official response I don't think it's on the staffs list of priorities.

I don't think anyone reliable could be found to do regular pre publishing reviews. It's quite a major commitment. Then you've got the problem of finding people who know enough about the various subjects to fairly rate the article.
Could be the same people who are weeding thru them now....would stop the influx flow and at least weed out the total crap and stuff that should be threads. Seems a better use of current resources than standing downstream trying not to drown.

That has already been addressed:
Honestly, we probably wouldn't add something that specific. The member pages section is pretty general, and we don't have a forum specifically for role playing.
It very well could be disabled.
It's broken, it doesn't work properly.
That's not a bad idea, but either way, ideally we'd be able to convert the articles that should be threads into threads, so content that could be well-suited to another part of the site isn't deleted.

I know it doesn't exist, but why not make member page subforums?

Is the developer looking into it?
Nifty told me I while back that he was going to talk to the guy about fixing it or whatever.

I even offered to bribe him with Quail eggs to fix it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom