Kitten flea & tick shampoo on rooster for lice***UPDATE***

newchickowner

Songster
12 Years
Aug 19, 2007
Texas
Is there anything I can treat my rooster with today other than DE? The feed stores are all closed on Sundays. I'll buy some DE tomorrow, but I was wondering what I could do for him today?

Last edited:
If it is warm where you are you could try giving him a bath. I found a good web site (some time ago) that said that it does work.

I don't have any 7 dust either, I was wondering if I could bathe him, but with what? What is gentle enough, but would work to kill the lice until I get the dust?

Thanks for your responses!

can I use flea & tick shampoo for puppies and kittens??? I can go out right now to the store for that right now if I can use it.

*bump*

Please I need to know if the shampoo for kittens and puppies will work until I can get the DE from the feed store! I guess I'm a little panicky and want to take care of it now. He seems pretty tired and weak.

did a search on bathing my chickens and found nothing about whether I can use it, so advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Last edited:
I have used adams flea and tick shampoo on my show birds. They don't die (the bugs) right away though.

I do recommend using permetherine spray on lice. It will take some time to get rid of them as the eggs will hatch and more will come.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom