Kitten flea & tick shampoo on rooster for lice***UPDATE***

newchickowner

Songster
12 Years
Aug 19, 2007
Texas
Is there anything I can treat my rooster with today other than DE? The feed stores are all closed on Sundays. I'll buy some DE tomorrow, but I was wondering what I could do for him today?

Last edited:

warren

Songster
12 Years
Sep 29, 2007
UK
If it is warm where you are you could try giving him a bath. I found a good web site (some time ago) that said that it does work.

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
TOH, has the answer. Powder them lightly and be sure not to get the dust too thick in the air they are breathing.

newchickowner

Songster
12 Years
Aug 19, 2007
Texas
I don't have any 7 dust either, I was wondering if I could bathe him, but with what? What is gentle enough, but would work to kill the lice until I get the dust?

Thanks for your responses!

newchickowner

Songster
12 Years
Aug 19, 2007
Texas
can I use flea & tick shampoo for puppies and kittens??? I can go out right now to the store for that right now if I can use it.

newchickowner

Songster
12 Years
Aug 19, 2007
Texas
*bump*

Please I need to know if the shampoo for kittens and puppies will work until I can get the DE from the feed store! I guess I'm a little panicky and want to take care of it now. He seems pretty tired and weak.

did a search on bathing my chickens and found nothing about whether I can use it, so advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Last edited:

pips&peeps

There is no "I" in Ameraucana
12 Years
Jan 18, 2008
Newman Lake, WA
I have used adams flea and tick shampoo on my show birds. They don't die (the bugs) right away though.

I do recommend using permetherine spray on lice. It will take some time to get rid of them as the eggs will hatch and more will come.

Last edited:

Top Bottom