Kitty and Dog Thread, Show Me What You Got, other critters welcome too

I have no need to use them but I've seen them used as a different color band per hatching year. Easier to know who goes to the stew pot if you lots of chickens.

Thanks! Wonder if that’s the case with mine! And that makes sense!! I think mine might be a little small for the stew pot :lau was wondering about my parakeets’ bands.

Does anybody know what the leg bands mean? I am just curious if it says anything about their age or anything like that? Not that it matters but just wondering. And will they need to come off eventually or can they stay on?
On some birds like parrots I believe they are required to distinguish them from any wild caught birds. My Amazon's leg band has her hatch year, and some other numbers that may be for the breeder identification.

In budgies I thing the band's are for the breeder to label stock, but I'm not positive. I haven't tried to read any of mine. I may have a look now at some point.

Generally I leave the leg band on unless it's causing problems. Budgie legs are pretty thin. I personally don't want to break a leg trying to snip off the band.

On some birds like parrots I believe they are required to distinguish them from any wild caught birds. My Amazon's leg band has her hatch year, and some other numbers that may be for the breeder identification.

In budgies I thing the band's are for the breeder to label stock, but I'm not positive. I haven't tried to read any of mine. I may have a look now at some point.

Generally I leave the leg band on unless it's causing problems. Budgie legs are pretty thin. I personally don't want to break a leg trying to snip off the band.

That makes sense!!! Thanks!! I think I’ll just leave it and I gave up deciphering it. :lau

Maybe when they get more tame I’ll look. They’ve been on their perch all morning haha

Back
Top Bottom