Kiwi, Dill, and Honey Dew...

no from all my knowledge dill has no poisonous toxins in it so I would suggest giving them a little bit at a time and gradually increase how much you give them just to be safe. I'm sure if it was dangerous there would be warnings everywhere.

Edit: oh and I almost forgot. You might not want to give them the kiwi skins because it might not go down their throats well.

Last edited:
no from all my knowledge dill has no poisonous toxins in it so I would suggest giving them a little bit at a time and gradually increase how much you give them just to be safe. I'm sure if it was dangerous there would be warnings everywhere.

Edit: oh and I almost forgot. You might not want to give them the kiwi skins because it might not go down their throats well.
I bought a container of fruit chunks so there is no skins to worry about thank fully. I guess if the ducks don't care for the dill maybe my pheasants will like it. Thanks!!

Dunno about dill....usually they don't eat anything that is too strong tasting but mine love basil....so, hey maybe they will eat dill. Yeah kiwi and honeydew are fine. Mine love any kind of melon.

Dunno about dill....usually they don't eat anything that is too strong tasting but mine love basil....so, hey maybe they will eat dill. Yeah kiwi and honeydew are fine. Mine love any kind of melon.
Yeah the grocery store isnt really selling any more water melon (which my ducks will murder each other for lol!) So i got a container with some already pre sliced with some other fruits in it. And the dill just looks very leafy to me so i thought id bring some home. Like i said maybe the pheasants will eat it lol

Up here in New England we still have a little dandelion and a fair amount of chickweed. Those are some yummy free greens here. As long as the yard isn't poisoned (like weed killers) those might be an option for you, too.

I indulged myself and the ducks yesterday by giving them a little custard cup with frozen wild blueberries in it. Acht drilled into them like they were a pile of mud. Cute little bill dipped in dark blue.

Up here in New England we still have a little dandelion and a fair amount of chickweed. Those are some yummy free greens here. As long as the yard isn't poisoned (like weed killers) those might be an option for you, too.

I indulged myself and the ducks yesterday by giving them a little custard cup with frozen wild blueberries in it. Acht drilled into them like they were a pile of mud. Cute little bill dipped in dark blue.
OMG!! when my calls where ducklings they LOVED going in the front yard and eating the "fluffs" Hahaha. But since its really cold everything is dead now. But in the spring my mom has found that leaving the ducks freerage a bit means no weedkiller for her because the do the job just as well ahah!!!

I read somewhere about taking some blueberries and strawberries and cuts of fruit puttingt a layer in a dish than putting water in it, freezing it, adding another layer ect.. and then in the summer you can put it in their pool and as it melts they can pick that the berries that become exposed.

Back
Top Bottom