Knit, crochet, or sew?

I crochet. Love it! I taught myself by watching video tutorials and doing everything backwards because I'm a leftie!
That is impressive! The leftie thing would throw me for sure. I learned how to crochet off of you tube but knitting I had to go have someone show me. Now that I have the basics down I'm thinking I can look at you tube tutorials for other easy patterns. Can't imaging having to flip everything! Well done! Like the crochet hook pouch!

That is impressive! The leftie thing would throw me for sure. I learned how to crochet off of you tube but knitting I had to go have someone show me. Now that I have the basics down I'm thinking I can look at you tube tutorials for other easy patterns. Can't imaging having to flip everything! Well done! Like the crochet hook pouch!
Thank you! I think lefties get used to automatically reversing things. The hook case pattern was online.
I love to crochet. It's so relaxing.

Wow! That quilt! I've never tried a big project because I tend to lose patience with long projects. Ive been thinking about tackling a granny square blanket, and now even more so after seeing that!
Heres some of my latest projects.
I made these for my baby neice and my sister and br. In law, the last one thats displayed on my dachshund (lol,) I made for myself.
20181130_163108.jpg
20181130_163339.jpg
20181130_163152.jpg
20181130_163324.jpg

20180823_124752.jpg
he doesn't like it when I use him for the model haha

But that's more than a lot of folks know when it comes to crochet and sewing!
If people needed to learn skills, they would benefit from all levels of expertise! I would have to learn how to knit. It just looks so intimidating to me.
But crochet-that always relaxes me. Since I started crocheting about 6 or 7 years ago, my blood pressure has gone down a lot. Doc had to lower my meds.
So it's definitely good to have hobbies!

True ^_^

I'd love to learn how to knit because I love how knit things look so much nicer to me. Even when looking at someone who is an absolute pro who crochets and knits, I much prefer the knitted items.

I need to get back into crocheting. I've got 8 skeins of yarn just sitting in a box waiting to be turned into a couple of comfy shawl things.

True ^_^

I'd love to learn how to knit because I love how knit things look so much nicer to me. Even when looking at someone who is an absolute pro who crochets and knits, I much prefer the knitted items.

I need to get back into crocheting. I've got 8 skeins of yarn just sitting in a box waiting to be turned into a couple of comfy shawl things.
I dont think knit looks nicer than crochet but there is different things you can do with knitting that i wish i could do with crochet, like color designs and stuff. But i find knitting just too hard to learn. I might try it someday but for now im happy with crochet. Especially since i found the crochet tunisian stitches, which give a product with a knit appearance.

Heres what I mean, i just finished this scarf with the tunisian knit and pearl stitches.
20181205_010850.jpg

I dont think knit looks nicer than crochet but there is different things you can do with knitting that i wish i could do with crochet, like color designs and stuff. But i find knitting just too hard to learn. I might try it someday but for now im happy with crochet. Especially since i found the crochet tunisian stitches, which give a product with a knit appearance.

Heres what I mean, i just finished this scarf with the tunisian knit and pearl stitches.
View attachment 1607953

Oh yeah! I forgot about the Tunisian stitches. I saw them a while back and wanted to learn how to do them because I just like that look over regular crochet stitches.

Back
Top Bottom