Ko Shamo Thread!

I just got these birds this year. They came from different breeders. I have other Ko Shamo but only one pure Ko Shamo pullet. She is right at a year old now. I have crossed my other Ko Shamo cockerels with some of my other bantams and put their eggs in with the pure Ko Shamo eggs. The 1/2 Ko Shamo eggs all hatched while none of the pure Ko Shamo eggs did. It was not incubator settings. The other eggs all hatched but not the pure Ko Shamo eggs. They showed signs of development but then they seemed to have stopped for some reason. I have the pair inside right now under lights and feeding her scratch mixed with laying crumbles. She only lays one or two eggs a week right now. I put 3 more eggs in the incubator the other day. They are suppose to hatch January 14th. I will keep a close eye on them.

Well I just candled the eggs before putting them on lock down and these stopped developing to. I think there is a genetic problem with this pair. I have some other eggs in the incubator and they are developing fine. I am going to put the hen with a different Ko Shamo rooster and see how that goes. One of my Ko Shamo roosters is like a Chibi. He is much smaller than the other two. I am going to put her with him and see if they are compatible. If so I will start a Chibi line hopefully.

Well I just candled the eggs before putting them on lock down and these stopped developing to. I think there is a genetic problem with this pair. I have some other eggs in the incubator and they are developing fine. I am going to put the hen with a different Ko Shamo rooster and see how that goes. One of my Ko Shamo roosters is like a Chibi. He is much smaller than the other two. I am going to put her with him and see if they are compatible. If so I will start a Chibi line hopefully.
It does sound like you may have a genetic problem going on. Hopefully you will have better luck with a different male.

My 3 half months old

Back
Top Bottom