Kristen’s Chickens and Farming Ventures

Where is your egg? I don't see it.
[/QUOT

I'm a complete idiot and forgot to post the picture...:th

20200212_093520.jpg

Over on @BY Bob ’s thread... but it looks great to me!

Thanks Kris! I'm so new to incubator hatching, I'll be happy with just 1 hatch for the kids to see, but more is always better!

Plus my 2 silkies are broody with about a dozen eggs between them. Eh chicken math, what's a girl to do? 🤷‍♀️

Thanks Kris! I'm so new to incubator hatching, I'll be happy with just 1 hatch for the kids to see, but more is always better!

Plus my 2 silkies are broody with about a dozen eggs between them. Eh chicken math, what's a girl to do? 🤷‍♀️

What to do? Let them hatch! ;)

I got woke up earlier than normal by all of the dog's in the neighborhood barking like crazy. There were 2 strange goat's in my back yard, so it wasn't anything going on by the coop. They were all ok. The guy that owned the goat's was trying to get them back. He had a Canadian kid with him that had a rope.

So, what could possibly go wrong?
(Stealing the bold titles for narratives from @BY Bob to make them easier to find)

A house update... our first floor decking is done, so basically we have a floor. It is flat and brown and I didn’t walk all the way to the house for a picture. DH still has to do some blocking underneath now that the plywood is all down, because working under the 18” of crawlspace is going to be so much easier. Some of the first floor wall panels have also migrated to the site.

6EAD57F6-445B-42AB-8673-A6090024E267.jpeg F13495CC-D118-4FD4-A6A7-EF0861B60212.jpeg

This was what we came home to after our firewood run for Wayne. Here’s a link to that post over on @Ribh’s thread (trying to conserve precious cell data so I don’t get slowed down) https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/ribhs-dcoopage.1295189/post-22200914 for a little ride up the Mountain through the woods and a cloud (I don’t think @aart or a few others here are over there, but you might like to see it). So, what could possibly go wrong? FIL, BIL, and a tractor, that’s what.

To get the panels here Andrew, another guy and I hand bombed them carefully onto our flat deck, stacked them neatly, strapped them down and they made it the 3 miles of treacherous road no problems. No bending, cracking, breaking, dropping, and only limited swearing involved. These pictures don’t even begin to show the extent of the issues but...

EA5C0FF6-2279-493D-B7A9-745E7E7949D0.jpeg
BE409749-3FFB-4709-BA3A-44403D2D9787.jpeg
1A8FA59F-EAB3-4CC6-A7BF-B5D91F75D8D4.jpeg

You can sort of see how the tractor forks are in the wrong place (not centered on the 8’ walls), it is quite overloaded, and, if you look closely, you will notice the bottom panel (supporting all that weight) is essentially hollow. It’s the dining room panel with the opening for the French doors, and that big hole is where the forks are! So the whole load is essentially resting on about a foot of wall at the back of the forks. DH (in the red) tried to point this out, lots of yelling ensued. I retreated to the trailer, made dinner, and prayed for the safety of our walls and DH. FIL almost rolled the tractor several times in the 300-400 feet between here and the build site. No walls or in-laws were seriously harmed in this process, though the walls did suffer some small damages (hopefully nothing too structural). :he :mad: :he

Yesterday, Andrew went to town for bloodwork and picked up our perimeter drain pipe, elbows, and three 5 gallon pails of waterproofing goop stuff for the foundation. The waterproofing stuff is down in the heated common building until Sunday, when we, according to our weather forecast, should be able to apply it.
ADE49335-EEE2-4C06-9411-F32F9B8EB362.jpeg

I believe I’m going to be shoveling drainrock sometime in the very near future. As I am the default Grunt labor (catch being I won’t work around FIL or BIL)

So, what could possibly go wrong?
(Stealing the bold titles for narratives from @BY Bob to make them easier to find)

A house update... our first floor decking is done, so basically we have a floor. It is flat and brown and I didn’t walk all the way to the house for a picture. DH still has to do some blocking underneath now that the plywood is all down, because working under the 18” of crawlspace is going to be so much easier. Some of the first floor wall panels have also migrated to the site.

View attachment 2025428 View attachment 2025432

This was what we came home to after our firewood run for Wayne. Here’s a link to that post over on @Ribh’s thread (trying to conserve precious cell data so I don’t get slowed down) https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/ribhs-dcoopage.1295189/post-22200914 for a little ride up the Mountain through the woods and a cloud (I don’t think @aart or a few others here are over there, but you might like to see it). So, what could possibly go wrong? FIL, BIL, and a tractor, that’s what.

To get the panels here Andrew, another guy and I hand bombed them carefully onto our flat deck, stacked them neatly, strapped them down and they made it the 3 miles of treacherous road no problems. No bending, cracking, breaking, dropping, and only limited swearing involved. These pictures don’t even begin to show the extent of the issues but...

View attachment 2025429View attachment 2025430View attachment 2025431
You can sort of see how the tractor forks are in the wrong place (not centered on the 8’ walls), it is quite overloaded, and, if you look closely, you will notice the bottom panel (supporting all that weight) is essentially hollow. It’s the dining room panel with the opening for the French doors, and that big hole is where the forks are! So the whole load is essentially resting on about a foot of wall at the back of the forks. DH (in the red) tried to point this out, lots of yelling ensued. I retreated to the trailer, made dinner, and prayed for the safety of our walls and DH. FIL almost rolled the tractor several times in the 300-400 feet between here and the build site. No walls or in-laws were seriously harmed in this process, though the walls did suffer some small damages (hopefully nothing too structural). :he :mad: :he

Yesterday, Andrew went to town for bloodwork and picked up our perimeter drain pipe, elbows, and three 5 gallon pails of waterproofing goop stuff for the foundation. The waterproofing stuff is down in the heated common building until Sunday, when we, according to our weather forecast, should be able to apply it.
View attachment 2025433

I believe I’m going to be shoveling drainrock sometime in the very near future. As I am the default Grunt labor (catch being I won’t work around FIL or BIL)

You may borrow my style anytime. I just can't wait to see the walls go up. Hopefully no in laws are mediated in the process. ;)

I got woke up earlier than normal by all of the dog's in the neighborhood barking like crazy. There were 2 strange goat's in my back yard, so it wasn't anything going on by the coop. They were all ok. The guy that owned the goat's was trying to get them back. He had a Canadian kid with him that had a rope.

Goats... it always the goats isn’t it?:gigmy Chickens have almost stopped alarming at them. I bet that was most entertaining, after the tragic woke up early part, that is!

Going to be heading down to the slaughterhouse to make sausage this afternoon,and I will be setting the eggs in the incubator about 3:30-4pm with not just one but two little helpers. The Farm kid is having a friend over after school. I’m annexing a spot in the building my mother is in for the incubator.

Back
Top Bottom