krstms and Potter Watch...and anyone else due to hatch around the 23rd

It is cool to see them moving in the shell.

Krstms......some of mine looked like just a dark spot, and I'm seeing movement in some of them now.

I candled last night and I have movement in 6 out of 7 welsummer eggs. The 7th one is porous and so darn hard to see into. These eggs made it from GA to CA. I'm so excited. I also got some BR eggs from the same seller and 1 (maybe 2) might have blood rings. I'm not positive though. The other 3 BR eggs look good.

yeah I'm definitely leaving them in until they get stinky or weep. I'm not taking any chances. My mother in law threw one out that she thought was stinky and it didnt hatch at the right time and when her husband came home he heard tweeting from the garbage. It had hatched and is now the prettiest rooster(and most tame) she has had.
lau.gif
I dont wanna throw out one that could be good but the two green and 3 brown I know are good have a lot of movement and veining. The others dont seem to have any. But I'm not giving up on them. If they dont make it, I'm buying a bator and giving it another shot. It's just too cool seeing them move around in there. My kids are soooo excited. I cant wait till hatch day.
jumpy.gif

I had to take one out yesterday. It got stinky. It was definitely bad. Most of the yolk had turned black. Otherwise I have veining and movement in all except 2.

So far so good for the 25th/26th.

Laney

I set 11 originally so I'm down to 10 and will probably only hatch 8. But all 8 are going to a friend so I don't want to hatch that many!

They are from my Standard Silver Phoenix and Standard White Cochins. They are free range so although I'm hoping for purebreds there is a possibility they will be mixes. Only one egg was from a cochin hen and it looks like a clear. The SP eggs though look like chicks of varying sizes so it's possible these will be mixes. Could you imagine what these will look like? The idea of the roo's alone!

Feather legs, long tails, puffy but colorful.
ep.gif

Laney

when turning just now i dropped an egg and cracked it. Luckily it was one of the ones I thought had quit on me. It turns out it did quit around days 5-7 I think after comparing the little embryo to pictures online. It's the firs that had a developing baby in it. I'm sad to see it dead like that.
hit.gif
That just convinces me even more that the other 5 ? in the bator are probably quitters too. I'm still gonna leave em and hold out hope though. Still have good movement in the five I have been watching closesly. Hopefully I can at least pull them through.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Last edited:
Only 7 more days for me!!!! I lock mine down on Tuesday afternoon. Krstms, aren't you a day ahead of me? I'm on Day 14, so mine should start hatching next Friday.
ya.gif

I too think my ? eggs have quit, but I'm also leaving them in just to be sure. I keep checking for smelly eggs, but so far nothing. Right now I have movement in 10, 1 almost positive is a blood ring, and the other 3 are ?. I guess I'll find out next Friday.

Back
Top Bottom