KY traders here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Where are you located? There is a breeder near Lexington that breeds bantams, straight feathered and frizzles. Let me know if you want the website.

Quote:
I would absolutely LOVE buff silkies!! But I think Illinois is a bit far for some birds
roll.png

I have delaware chick's....leghorn's and mixed chick's...all big stock chicken's...near Berea, Ky...hatched,,,1-26-09...3.00 each...e-mail for more info...Thank's
9441_daryls_birds_158.jpg

HI I have a friend that has to sell all her silkies due to health problems. She has 14 white silkie hens, 2 white roos(from Alan Stanford) 1 dark splash roo(I think he's from Alan), 1 light splash hen(I think shes from Alan), and 11 white silkie babies.
These are really nice quality silkies. She wants them all to be sold together. WILL NOT SEPARATE! $250 for all. If you buy them I may buy the light splash from you. I tried to get her to sell me just the little splash hen but, she wants them to go alltogther on the same day to the same person. I just dont have room for all 39 chickens. She is putting them in the paper. So if you want them speak quick. Let me know if you are interested. We both live in Mount Vernon, IL.

Quote:
Where are you located? There is a breeder near Lexington that breeds bantams, straight feathered and frizzles. Let me know if you want the website.

I'm in Eastern Ky but travel to Central Ky pretty often. I would love the website if you don't mind! Thanks!

Quote:

I'm in Eastern Ky but travel to Central Ky pretty often. I would love the website if you don't mind! Thanks!

www.willowridge-farm.com
There ya go!! Good luck.
smile.png

I have five roosters, 10-14 weeks old, raised as pets not dinner.
sad.png
I can't keep all (or any probably) in my suburb. Anyone looking for a pet rooster? I have a buff brahma, a white crested black polish, a splash polish, a brown/red EE, and a mostly black EE. None are crowing yet, but definitely roos. They have funny personalities...I'm a little too attached...

Quote:
Well, first off, if he wants to show Marans, You need to buy feather-footed stock. Apparently, right now only the French standard works for shows, and that calls for feathered feet.

As for type, right now, Black Copper marans are very popular, since they seem to lay the darkest eggs. But, they are very hard to find and very expensive. Most are over-bred and do not adhear to the standard because of overbreeding, from what i can read/find out. Even if you do find a good breeder, the waiting list will be very long. I do not reccomend getting Cuckoos - they are very common. I would say any other color would be fine - Black, blue, blue copper, wheaton, white, splash, ect. You need to buy from a reputable breeder - a breeder that has birds that have high quality appearance, egg color, and temperment. I suggest trying to buy adolescents or adults instead of hatching your own stock - you always end up with more males than females, and you dont truly know how they will turn out.

If he enjoys golen comets, he will absolutely adore Marans. They are gentle, and very personable. I have owned a hen and raised my current Maran roo - They were both intelligent, friendly, and docile. My roo comes right up to me, asked to be loved on, and it fairly good with his girls, just inexperienced.

I wouldnt know who to reccomend as far as breeders, though.

I hope this has helped.

Yes it has helped. Thaks alot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom