Laced Faverolles

LightedPrism

Songster
Nov 13, 2020
Cottonwood CA
So, I'm playing with the idea of starting a project of laced faverolles... what do others think? Or should I just do and keep track then share when?

Also, suggestions on genetics with birds? i don't know why I have such issues getting it through my head but I keep hoping I get it at some point. *sigh*

I suppose i should also mention plans so far.

Was thinking cross with Brahmas to keep the temperament, feathering, and add a bit of size. as well as the lovely lacing I've seen quite a few of. that's about where I'm at. beginning stages big time.

I suppose i should also mention plans so far.

Was thinking cross with Brahmas to keep the temperament, feathering, and add a bit of size. as well as the lovely lacing I've seen quite a few of. that's about where I'm at. beginning stages big time.
Yeah, brahmas have a similar type. There’s also standard cochins. Though make sure to get good quality ones for whatever breed you chose to introduce the lacing with.

Im also thinking of getting the combs and wattles bigger. one bad thing about fav's is they don't tolerate heat well. theoretically with larger combs and wattles they would.
Out of curiosity, are you trying to get a laced variety into the standard, or are you just doing it for fun?

Back
Top Bottom