Lacing Question

janiedoe

Wrangler
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
May 7, 2017
East Texas
Can anyone tell me what breeds made this pullet?
20190910_065910.jpg

I hatched 23 mixed breed chicks. Only one pullet had lacing.
This girl (16 weeks) has a rose comb. She has beautiful lacing (the brown hue is from the lighting. She is gray & black) I'm not sure where she came from.
My rooster is a large blue easter egger with poor lacing ( blue orp. & ameraucana mix)
The hens in his pen are easter eggers, glw, buff orp, & cuckoo marans.
I also had another mixed rooster, whom I've recently rehomed (glw x cuckoo marans) he was housed with black langshan, slw, buff orp, and barred rock.
Any ideas?

Can anyone tell me what breeds made this pullet?

I hatched 23 mixed breed chicks. Only one pullet had lacing.
This girl (16 weeks) has a rose comb. She has beautiful lacing (the brown hue is from the lighting. She is gray & black) I'm not sure where she came from.
My rooster is a large blue easter egger with poor lacing ( blue orp. & ameraucana mix)
The hens in his pen are easter eggers, glw, buff orp, & cuckoo marans.
I also had another mixed rooster, whom I've recently rehomed (glw x cuckoo marans) he was housed with black langshan, slw, buff orp, and barred rock.
Any ideas?

Father must be the blue orpington/ameraucana mix because the pullet has blue, and he's the only blue bird you have listed.

Mother must be a Golden Laced Wyandotte, because the pullet has a rose comb, and no-one else in that pen has one. (And the laced pattern of the mother probably helped this pullet have such nice lacing.)

Father must be the blue orpington/ameraucana mix because the pullet has blue, and he's the only blue bird you have listed.

Mother must be a Golden Laced Wyandotte, because the pullet has a rose comb, and no-one else in that pen has one. (And the laced pattern of the mother probably helped this pullet have such nice lacing.)
That pullet has a walnut comb. However, you can only get a walnut comb by crossing pea and rose, so you're right about her parentage.

Back
Top Bottom