Lacing Question

janiedoe

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
May 7, 2017
East Texas
Can anyone tell me what breeds made this pullet?
20190910_065910.jpg

I hatched 23 mixed breed chicks. Only one pullet had lacing.
This girl (16 weeks) has a rose comb. She has beautiful lacing (the brown hue is from the lighting. She is gray & black) I'm not sure where she came from.
My rooster is a large blue easter egger with poor lacing ( blue orp. & ameraucana mix)
The hens in his pen are easter eggers, glw, buff orp, & cuckoo marans.
I also had another mixed rooster, whom I've recently rehomed (glw x cuckoo marans) he was housed with black langshan, slw, buff orp, and barred rock.
Any ideas?

NatJ

Free Ranging
Mar 20, 2017
USA
Can anyone tell me what breeds made this pullet?

I hatched 23 mixed breed chicks. Only one pullet had lacing.
This girl (16 weeks) has a rose comb. She has beautiful lacing (the brown hue is from the lighting. She is gray & black) I'm not sure where she came from.
My rooster is a large blue easter egger with poor lacing ( blue orp. & ameraucana mix)
The hens in his pen are easter eggers, glw, buff orp, & cuckoo marans.
I also had another mixed rooster, whom I've recently rehomed (glw x cuckoo marans) he was housed with black langshan, slw, buff orp, and barred rock.
Any ideas?

Father must be the blue orpington/ameraucana mix because the pullet has blue, and he's the only blue bird you have listed.

Mother must be a Golden Laced Wyandotte, because the pullet has a rose comb, and no-one else in that pen has one. (And the laced pattern of the mother probably helped this pullet have such nice lacing.)

RoostersAreAwesome

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
May 21, 2017
Father must be the blue orpington/ameraucana mix because the pullet has blue, and he's the only blue bird you have listed.

Mother must be a Golden Laced Wyandotte, because the pullet has a rose comb, and no-one else in that pen has one. (And the laced pattern of the mother probably helped this pullet have such nice lacing.)
That pullet has a walnut comb. However, you can only get a walnut comb by crossing pea and rose, so you're right about her parentage.

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom