'Ladies First Chicken Door' ???

I just want to know if the LFCD will open & close if I cut a hole in the floor of the coop and mount the door frame on the underside of the floor. I think the designer said it would??? If it will, this door is more universal than almost all the others on the market.

I just want to know if the LFCD will open & close if I cut a hole in the floor of the coop and mount the door frame on the underside of the floor. I think the designer said it would???  If it will, this door is more universal than almost all the others on the market.

I don't see why that wouldn't work. If you are putting it under the coop I could just make it rectangular with a rectangle opening. Because if it was under the coop you wouldn't be able to see all of it's fanciness anyway:)

I would think that any opener that uses a screw drive should be able to work the same way under the coop.

I am building a new coop and researching the (fairly limited and quite pricey!!) automatic doors....has anyone else bought this set-up? What are your thoughts? Thanks!

I just got one from him two days ago. Took a while as he's backed up but I can't wait to install it!

Hi thanks for letting us know that. I was also wondering if he was still producing them. I tried to order it and was put on a waiting list. How long did it take for you to get yours? Were you also put on a waiting list? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom